caribbean music?

agrip76

I was wondering if princess has caribbean bands or music playing at the pool. Other cruise lines always do that, and I like that, my uncle and aunt said princess was "extremely boring" with no music or any fun. just wondering.

I was wondering if princess has caribbean bands or music playing at the pool. Other cruise lines always do that, and I like that, my uncle and aunt said princess was "extremely boring" with no music or any fun. just wondering.

This is one area where we were extremely disappointed on the Caribbean Princess this past February. 3 sea days and the band at the pool was called "On Lyne" or something like that. No caribbean music. Lounge type music such as "Electric Slide" and "Play that Funky Music". Not what I was looking forward to listening to poolside on a caribbean cruise.

On our last Princess cruise around the caribbean which was a few years ago there was a Caribbean steel band playing on the back deck every time we sailed away from the dock on each island stop.

We have just booked to go on Sea Princess In April 2008 and I am very much hoping for a similar experience to last time.

We have just been to Hawaii and guess what - yes no hawaiian poolside music at sailaway - just the old and tired party band that we can hear any time in England.

I think this is a very important point for the cruise lines to know about - that we all want to hear the music of the country we are visiting.

Gail

I hope they have tropical music on the Golden going to the Mexican Riviera in Oct. I know it is not the Caribbean, but heck...it is going to the south. Does anyone know?

Went to the Western Caribbean on Carnival this past Jan. and was VERY disappointed that they did not play much of any Caribbean music. They did a couple of songs during sea days but they mostly played the same ole parteeeeeee songs.

On RCCL going to the Western Caribbean this past Sept. they had a great band. They played Caribbean music all the time. I sure wished they had been selling a CD ...I would've bought it...they were THAT good!

Archived