Millenium Transatlantic Cruise Question

nps001

I have booked my second Celebrity Cruise. Having previously sailed on a comeptitor, I didnt really have any ambition to cruise again. However, I did go on a Carribean cruise on Century and loved it. Now I am hooked on Celebrity!

I just booked a cruise on 12/2 from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. I am in a Sky Suite. The suite I have is 8125. I do realize that it is a handicap accesible suite. While I don't need it to be, I have been told it is a larger suite than normal. Two questions that I have that make me want to switch cabins:

Does the suite have a sitting area with sofa and chairs? Does it really not have a tub?

From the deck layouts, I can see that it is next to the outside glass elevators. I have been told by friends that anyone riding in the elevator can see directly onto the veranda. Is this true?

Any information that anyone can provide relative to this cruise, ports, cabin, ship, etc. would me MUCH appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joe

I am a bit jealous, but its not your fault. I have been trying to book a 2B or 2C handicap accessible cabin, but have been told they are all taken, and now I hear they are already opening handicap accessible cabins to the general public. But my concern is with them, not you, and besides I couldn’t afford the Sky Suite anyways.

Yes, you will probably find there is no tub, just a much larger shower. I visited one of these Sky Suites on a previous cruise and as I recall there is probably one 2 person sofa and a single armchair and a single small table which is height adjustable for those in wheelchairs. And yes, the elevator is right beside you and it is quite possible people will be able to look right onto your balcony as they pass by in the elevator. That is why I used an accessible cabin one cabin away from the elevators the last time we used the veranda 2B cabins.

This is a followup to my earlier post. Actually, where handicap accessible cabins are usually 50% larger than equivalent cabins, on the Millenium and other M class ships the Sky Suite handicap accessible cabins are no larger.

I note there are still at least 6 Sky Suite cabins available on the Penthouse deck and these will probably have the tub and will have more privacy, so you might want to enquire about these.

Archived