Connecting at a meet & greet

momof5js

Our roll call group from POH July 23rd is planning to meet in the lounge at 3:30 pm on Monday. Any suggestions on how to recognize each other? Should someone set up a table at the front with name tags? Or how can we connect & know who each other is?

This is a first meet & greet for most of us, so we need ideas/suggestions.

Thanks.

I am having t-shirts made up for our 15-day cruise that will be handed out at the informal meet and greet we have setup 1 hour prior to muster drill on the first day onboard. This way folks can wear the shirts at the formal meet & greet on the next day.

On the NCL Sun in January we had name tags made out in advance for the formal meet and greet.

Dave

On our meet n greet, we all made name tags, cute, silly, etc, what ever we wanted.. nobody else will have such a thing... only the ones that will be in your meet n greet will know who you are because you will have told others in your group before you leave on your cruise....you can even make something for others as a remembrance of your trip to trade. its lots of fun! and in the beginning, you will all meet in the same place. you will know each other, no doubt about it... have a great time! you can even make your own Tshirts, tye-dyed shirts of your own!! see how creative you can get! then you can compare your shirts! again, have a great time!!! :)

on our last cruise ..Pearl...we had 95 !!

I made 95 proper name tags, with our screen names and real names, had the pearl in the background ..and attached a gold kangaroo as our cc group name was Cruiseroo's (suggested by another member in honor of us being Aussies and me making the tags, and organising dinner for 50)

they were worn all over the ship on a daily basis, so even if we forgot certain peoples faces, we recognised each other on elevators, in dining rooms, etc...we always had someone to talk to, or dine with , even drinkies in our cabin...roll calls are the best way to meet people

piccies on link below..

2716166170071872817dcKpZs_th.jpg

Our roll call group from POH July 23rd is planning to meet in the lounge at 3:30 pm on Monday. Any suggestions on how to recognize each other? Should someone set up a table at the front with name tags? Or how can we connect & know who each other is?

This is a first meet & greet for most of us, so we need ideas/suggestions.

Thanks.

On our Leid-Back-Cruisers cruise, we all wore leis to the pier in NYC. We also set up to meet at the forward hot tub for the sailaway. We all new each other when we had or Meet & Greet the next day.

Leis won't be any good for you!:)

Come up with something to wear and meet at specific place on the ship for the sailaway. Then have name tags for the offical Meet & Greet for those who miss the sailaway.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

We just had a meet and greet on Pof H- we were able to use one of the meeting rooms. If you look on the Roll call for the July 2nd sailing- I think the contact info for NCLA was posted there. The room worked out well- would have been a bit nicer if NCLA had removed the remnants of the previous meeting!

-JC in CA

We like to meet at the pool bar just after muster drill but before sailaway, and then again the first sea day..We've done lots of different things, like hawaiian shirts or your local sports team shirts..once we all wore red shirts.....Dennis

On our last NCL cruise we had an active Roll Call. On sailaway day since we were leaving from NYC in winter, we agreed to meet in the big lounge at the top of the ship (sorry I'm getting old!). When we showed up we quickly spotted one of our most active Roll Call participants because he was wearing a cap with his Roll Call user name. He introduced us to the rest of the group and then we went from there. The hat worked great since everyone could find him easily and then he served as the unofficial "host." That way we didn't have to worry about wearing special clothes or name tags.

Have a great cruise!

Linda

On our last NCL cruise we had an active Roll Call. On sailaway day since we were leaving from NYC in winter, we agreed to meet in the big lounge at the top of the ship (sorry I'm getting old!). When we showed up we quickly spotted one of our most active Roll Call participants because he was wearing a cap with his Roll Call user name. He introduced us to the rest of the group and then we went from there. The hat worked great since everyone could find him easily and then he served as the unofficial "host." That way we didn't have to worry about wearing special clothes or name tags.

Have a great cruise!

Linda

Hi Linda, I like the idea of the tags or hats, but I do not like the idea of special clothes, not for me;) !Besides, "Hi, I'm Romy" works for me:D !

Happy Sailing!!

Romy

My wife and I always wear our CC shirts the first day..It helps that one of the group has something to focus on...We made up Cruise Critic Meeting signs once on hot pink paper....It's always exciting to meet after posting so much on these boards....Dennis

j&j, where did you get the photo of the Pearl to use as a background for your nametags?

I just found a good front shot of the pearl, (I forget where) and eliminated the background , then added the colured background , then their names..& added the gold kangaroo after they were put in the holders

J&J, if the nametag is still saved on your PC, could you either copy/paste it into a reply or provide a link to it, please?

nyllas....I found my "old" Pearl name tag file, and have deleted our stuff..

I put the file into a business card programme and added the text

(CC NAMES) as our list grew...then printed out each sheet etc..

What size is NCL"s S&S card? Credit card size? Will it easily fit into a nametag holder? Is it a photo ID as well as an onboard credit card? I'm curious if a nametag for our Meet 'n Greet could fit into a nametag holder w/the NCL S&S card. I'm a first time cruiser, if you hadn't guessed.

J, is there any chance that you still have the original photo you used? I'm having difficulty printing a clear copy of the tag though I love the appearance. Perhaps if I can start w/the actual photo I can make it work. Please send if it isn't too much trouble. Thanks so much.

Archived