Flight Prices from Charlotte, NC

rdytocruz

American Airllines is showing a price of $860.00 for a flight from Charlotte, NC to Rome in May 08. Does anyone have a feel for if this is a good price and I should jump at it or maybe wait for a sale of some kind and is American a good airline to fly on? We have never flown with them.

American Airllines is showing a price of $860.00 for a flight from Charlotte, NC to Rome in May 08. Does anyone have a feel for if this is a good price and I should jump at it or maybe wait for a sale of some kind and is American a good airline to fly on? We have never flown with them.

Depends on the date. Farecompare is a good place to have a look across all the options.

http://www.farecompare.com/search/year.html?departure=CLT&destination=ROM&cabin=Coach&tripType=oneway&nonstops=false&p=1

You might find a better deal on US Airways if you aren't fussed about who you fly with. Their hub in CLT will give you more options into Europe than AA. Apparently the US economy product across the pond is pretty good if you book the Airbus A330, look for A330 or something similar in the plane type when you book.

The fare you have quoted looks pretty good to me. I have been following fares from Charlotte, Raleigh and Washington Dulles for the last several months to Venice and return from Barcelona. The fares for May 2008 have ranged in the $800/$900 price range. Some fares for June have been published and I got sticker shock. For example, May fares on United were around $900 and now they shot up to $1,600 for the same trip in June. Needless to say I am not going to book anytime soon and in the meantime say a novena that the June fares come back down.

Archived