Day pass to a resort??

vacationseeker

The Hyatt Regency at 7 mile beach has the day pass. Last time I checked it was $25 per person. It must be paid in cash at the outsode bar & gives you privlidges to use their beachfront area & pool. I would also highly recommend their restaurant they have called Hemingway's, it's great for lunch..........awesome crab cakes. You can either take a taxi or catch the bus from the port it goes right next door.

Has anyone gotten a day pass at a resort there near seven mile beach?? I had read a long time ago about one resort right there but I can't remember ther name, please help!?

With all the ships in ports these days, a lot of the places that offered day passes have stopped or limited the number of passes. I don't know who has these, but if you find one you think you're going to want to do, I'd call them in advance to make sure it's still being offered.

Gracie mentioned the Hyatt offerening passes...and if they still do, I'd probably go there. We really liked the Hyatt...although all we did was walk through and take a looksee. :)

Sea Grape and Royal Palms are the two areas that offer chairs, restrooms, food, and water toy rentals. And you only pay for what you use...no entry fee.

The only place that I'd avoid would be Beach Club Colony. I've not heard a lot of postive things about that place.

Maybe you will luck out and be in GC on one of the days that there aren't a lot of ships. Being there when there are 3 or 4 is so different than being there when there are 8-10 ships.

Have a great time. :)

• 2 weeks later...
The Hyatt Regency at 7 mile beach has the day pass. Last time I checked it was $25 per person. It must be paid in cash at the outsode bar & gives you privlidges to use their beachfront area & pool. I would also highly recommend their restaurant they have called Hemingway's, it's great for lunch..........awesome crab cakes. You can either take a taxi or catch the bus from the port it goes right next door.

Does the $25 include chairs & umbrellas? Or do you have to rent those separate?

• 11 months later...
Just FYI, I just called the Hyatt and they do sell day passes at $25 pp.

ETA: which is interesting, since I don't see them listed anywhere on the Hyatt site. ???

That could be for two reasons: 1) They don't view day passes as a core part of business adn don't wish to advertise; 2) The property no longer carries the name of The Hyatt in Grand Cayman - it is The Grand Cayman Beach Suites.

Thanks, Drew. I found the property under GC Beach Suites. Since I have your attention...can I ask your opinion on Royal Palms vs. GC Beach Suites for a somewhat larger group (atleast 10, possibly up to 20), ranging in ages from 3-80? Looking for somewhere not real crowded, some shadey areas, clean restrooms with easy access to decent food and beverages?

Thanks! :)

I'm planning on the Day Pass at what used to be The Hyatt. Mainly because I love Hemingway's the restaurant they have. Last time I checked after the name changed Hemingway's was still there. if anyone has been and seen different, please let me know. I love their Conch Fritters & Crab Cakes.

I'm planning on the Day Pass at what used to be The Hyatt. Mainly because I love Hemingway's the restaurant they have. Last time I checked after the name changed Hemingway's was still there. if anyone has been and seen different, please let me know. I love their Conch Fritters & Crab Cakes.

Oh LORD...two of our favorite seafood specialties in the entire world. YOU just made the decision even harder, LOL. ;)

Oh LORD...two of our favorite seafood specialties in the entire world. YOU just made the decision even harder, LOL. ;)

Did I mention the sauce they have? I can't even describe it. It's the sauce they use for the Conch Fritters but I always get more for the crab cakes.

We were there a few cruises ago & it was one of those times they weren't letting you off because the high winds. Finally at about 1:30 they started tendering. We made it to Hemingway's within about 30 minutes before they closed for lunch. I don't care if I get to do anything else in Grand Cayman but go there.

Did I mention the sauce they have? I can't even describe it. It's the sauce they use for the Conch Fritters but I always get more for the crab cakes.

We were there a few cruises ago & it was one of those times they weren't letting you off because the high winds. Finally at about 1:30 they started tendering. We made it to Hemingway's within about 30 minutes before they closed for lunch. I don't care if I get to do anything else in Grand Cayman but go there.

I appreciate the info...but you are taunting the land-locked midwesterner, beach-bum at heart. :p Worst case scenario, and we go the cheaper way to Sea Grape, where is Hyatt/Hemingways in relation to Royal Palms/Sea Grape? I'm thinking either way, we're going to have to eat there. :) ;)

I appreciate the info...but you are taunting the land-locked midwesterner, beach-bum at heart. :p Worst case scenario, and we go the cheaper way to Sea Grape, where is Hyatt/Hemingways in relation to Royal Palms/Sea Grape? I'm thinking either way, we're going to have to eat there. :) ;)

The only time I've been to Sea Grape was a few years ago doing a ship sponsered excursion. Hyatt/Hemingway's would be on the way back to the ship. It's next door to what I think is The Beach Colony, the other place a lot of ship tours will go.

Hi,

I will be there in August and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to snorkel near the port. We won't have a lot of time there, our ship leaves at 2PM, but I have heard so much about the wonderful snorkeling there and would really like to see for myself. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Kathy

• 1 month later...

NaturalLove, The cab should be around $5. It is about a mile North of the Reef Grill.

MamaParrotHead - Hemingways is about 2 miles south of Sea Grape and 1 mile north of Reef Grill. It is a very easy walk up the beach from the Reef Grill. We stayed at Lacovia which is next to Hemingways and our daughter got married at the Reef Grill so we walked up and down the beach between the two locations many times during the week we were there.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

We rented a room using the 'day rate' last time at the Marriott. It was

cheaper in the long run. Plus we actually got a room so we can take a fresh

shower before we headed into town on the way to the ship.

We had this beach basically to ourselves.

2432125450102406380S500x500Q85.jpg\

They do have an open air bar/restaurant. Getting a drink shouldn't be a big deal. We did stop there one evening for drinks and they were good. Just in case you don't already know - you don't need a day pass to enjoy most of what 7 mile beach has to offer.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Does the Grand Cayman Beach Suites have a bar? I would love to do the day pass, but a bar/drinks are a must for DH. How hard is it to get a drink?

Just got back on Sunday from The Valor. We went to Grand Cayman Beach Suites & got the Daypass. It was 25.00pp & 1/2 price for kids.

They have a great swim up bar & the bartender was a girl from Western Canada & was great. I drank Mango Dacquries(sp) & they were the best I had all week. They also have a limited menu but the main restaurant Hemingways which you can throw a rock to & also sit outside by the pool is wonderful. This was the 5th time I have eaten there & the conch fritters & crab cakes are always the best I have ever had.

We were there only a few days after Gustav passed so the winds were a bit high to get in the ocean or do watersports. They do have a watersport's place here as well they just weren't operating. They had a guy in the office & he was not very friendly when I went to inquire. They should have just posted a sign that said closed due to high wind or something. I guess they had to keep it open for hotel guests to rent later in their stay.

It has also been posted that you get the daypass at the bar by the pool. In our case it was not true, we went inside to the front desk. They were very friendly insdie. You can also use their towels.

I am so glad I read this thread, after some research I think GC Suites is the best place to go, at 25 pp you really get the best of the resort use without the room(and without the high price of the room), tripadvisor has excellent ratings for them plus their chairs all have umbrellas attached wich is a big plus for us folks who burn like heck on the beach. I cant wait to try Hemingways! Thanks everyone for all the feedback , we will be there sept 25th hopefully and we will get back to you guys with feedback.

I am so glad I read this thread, after some research I think GC Suites is the best place to go, at 25 pp you really get the best of the resort use without the room(and without the high price of the room), tripadvisor has excellent ratings for them plus their chairs all have umbrellas attached wich is a big plus for us folks who burn like heck on the beach. I cant wait to try Hemingways! Thanks everyone for all the feedback , we will be there sept 25th hopefully and we will get back to you guys with feedback.

Do you have to buy the day pass in advance? How do you get there from the pier that Freedom docks at? We are a group of ten, is there a contact number so we can book in advance?

Thanks.

They don't take reservations & it's based on availbility. If the hotel is pretty booked they won't have as many daypasses. You purchase them at the front desk. We will be going back in Feb. & plan to do the same thing again. They actually have two pools & the lounge chairs are the fluffy, comfy one's.

All you have to do is get a cab from the pier. When your done go back to the front desk & they will call a cab to take you back. I think it was 7.00, not pp but for all.

• 2 weeks later...

How do they keep track of the people who are just visiting for the day? In other words, is it possible to just hang out on their beach, use their pool, and eat in their restaurants without having to purchase a day pass? Also, no one mentioned the Ritz Carlton..do they have day passes as well?

Archived