Day pass to a resort??

vacationseeker

How do they keep track of the people who are just visiting for the day? In other words, is it possible to just hang out on their beach, use their pool, and eat in their restaurants without having to purchase a day pass? Also, no one mentioned the Ritz Carlton..do they have day passes as well?

As far as Grand Cayman Beach Suites you are given a receipt to show in case the employees on the grounds ask to see it. They do go around & check. I have seen several people be asked to leave if they weren't a hotel guest or have the daypass.

wedding96 - There are very few places that offer day passes because the regular guests don't really appreciate it when they are overrun with cruisers. You can try to sneak in but most places have security that keep an eye on their areas. The beach in Grand Cayman is free if you just want to put a towel down and enjoy the ocean but you can not use chairs, umbrellas pools etc for free. You can go to a spot like the Reef Grill and rent a chair for $5. They have free restrooms and showers and good food and drink but no pool.

I hope this helps!

I guess I don't understand what a day pass is. It sounds like you are paying $30 to use their pool and an extra $25 if you want to sit on a chair on their beach. What else comes with the pass? Do you get the use of a hotel room or showers or is some food or drink included? I understand day passes in countrys where beach access is restricted but that is not the case in the Caymans and I assume anyone can eat in their restaurant and drink at their bar. Thanks for the info!

I guess I don't understand what a day pass is. It sounds like you are paying $30 to use their pool and an extra $25 if you want to sit on a chair on their beach. What else comes with the pass? Do you get the use of a hotel room or showers or is some food or drink included? I understand day passes in countrys where beach access is restricted but that is not the case in the Caymans and I assume anyone can eat in their restaurant and drink at their bar. Thanks for the info!

Not sure about The Ritz, but at Grand Cayman Beach Suites it includes, towel, pool, lounge chairs at pool or beach. It's $25.00PP kids are 1/2 price. All the longe chairs have the thick cushions & the canopy over the chair which you can rais for shade or lower for sun.

You can look at some of the previous posts to see what I've written about Hemingways, the restaurant on site. It is awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm excited about the possibility of the GC Beach Club. It looks beautiful! Many people are suggesting Hemingways. I went to their website, and they made it look like an upscale restaurant where you needed reservations. "This freestanding beachside restaurant is so popular on the island that advance reservations are a must." My husbands and I will probably look like beach bums, so although we'd love to get some good food, I don't want to go to an expensive restaurant where we need to be dressed up. Is my impression way off? If not, is there a more casual restaurant where we could get some basics? What is the price range of Hemingways?

I'm excited about the possibility of the GC Beach Club. It looks beautiful! Many people are suggesting Hemingways. I went to their website, and they made it look like an upscale restaurant where you needed reservations. "This freestanding beachside restaurant is so popular on the island that advance reservations are a must." My husbands and I will probably look like beach bums, so although we'd love to get some good food, I don't want to go to an expensive restaurant where we need to be dressed up. Is my impression way off? If not, is there a more casual restaurant where we could get some basics? What is the price range of Hemingways?

I have been there at least 8 times & never had a reservation. This has always been for lunch. During this time most people are dressed in beach attire with cover-ups.You may see some local people in business attire. They have inside & outside seating. All restaurants at Grand Cayman are more expensive then ours since their dollar is worth more. I always use a credit card here because if you pay in US & need change they only can give you GC dollars, they also include the tip in the check. We always have the conch fritters, each the crab cake entree & couple of mixed drinks & of course you must have The Key Lime Pie for desert. It seems like when we were there about a month ago it was about $70.00-80.00 GC dollar for everything. It is well worth it. We live in coastal South Carolina where we are also known for our crab cakes, they do not compare to Hemingway's in my opinion. We also always get extra sauce they use on the conch fritters for our crab cakes too.

GC Beach Suites has a great swim up bar at the pool. You can order food from there too but I think it's a different menu. It's only a few steps away from Hemingway's.

One more question. The US dollar is not worth as much as the Cayman Dollar. People are referring to it as the "GC Dollar", but according to the internet, it's the "KYD". So I'm really confused. Is the GC dollar something different? If not, it would pay to use US dollars if they allow it, right?

One more question. The US dollar is not worth as much as the Cayman Dollar. People are referring to it as the "GC Dollar", but according to the internet, it's the "KYD". So I'm really confused. Is the GC dollar something different? If not, it would pay to use US dollars if they allow it, right?

I am not good with numbers. However it is there money is worth more then ours. Most places do accept US money but unlike other places in the Carribbean they never seem to have US change. I guess they don't want it since it's worth less then theirs. I think the ratio theirs is worth $1.25 to our 1.00. When you use a credit card it converts everything so that's why I just use a credit card in Grand Cayman. The difference in the money is too confusing for me. We went to Margaritaville & two regular house brand margarita's without tip was $22.00. I live in Myrtle Beach, SC & the same chain is like 6.00 per drink. Even the one in Ocho Rios is priced more like ours. You can't afford to do a lot of drinking in Grand Cayman.

The swim up bar at GC Beach Suites has awesome Mango dacquri's(sp). They are still on the expensive side but not as bad as Margarativille.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I just called the Ritz Carlton in Grand Cayman and they said they do not have day passes. Granted the woman really did not understand what I was asking, did you speak to someone recently and they told you that ? Because we are going in April and would love to do a day pass at the Ritz.

Did you ever hear back from the Ritz people, because they had no clue what I was talking about when I asked if they had a day pass ?

I never tried to contact The Ritz. I just thought maybe you got someone that usually worked weekends & since most ships aren't there on the weekend they may not know much about it & it may be good to try back tomorrow.

I have a picture posted farther up this thread with a picture of the pool at GC Beach Suites.

I emailed the Ritz Carlton two weeks ago, since their website shows some kind of "day package" - they said that only hotel guests are allowed to use their pool and beach. They said they would be happy to make reservations for us for lunch or the spa.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that the Ritz does not offer day passes. I spoke to them through email and through the phone and they said they definitely do not. So anyone like myself who is interested in doing that and found something else let me know. Thank you! Hope this helps some people who were interested because the Ritz is beautiful !

• 4 weeks later...

My DH and I will be in GC on January 7th on the Voyager of the Seas... I have emailed the hotel to see about a Day-Pass and they are very wish-washy about whether or not we'll be able to get in. How has that worked for any of you in the past? Do you just show up at the hotel and request a day-pass? Anyone been turned away?

My DH and I will be in GC on January 7th on the Voyager of the Seas... I have emailed the hotel to see about a Day-Pass and they are very wish-washy about whether or not we'll be able to get in. How has that worked for any of you in the past? Do you just show up at the hotel and request a day-pass? Anyone been turned away?

Not sure which resort you've contacted. If It's Grand Cayman Beach Suites then they do so the day passes are based on availibility. If the resort it booked to capacity that reduces how may day passes. We've done this at least 3 times & never had a problem at that resort. If it is full then there is a place next door that's popular with cruise ship passengers.

Not sure which resort you've contacted. If It's Grand Cayman Beach Suites then they do so the day passes are based on availibility. If the resort it booked to capacity that reduces how may day passes. We've done this at least 3 times & never had a problem at that resort. If it is full then there is a place next door that's popular with cruise ship passengers.

Whoops, sorry! Yes I did mean Grand Cayman Beach Suites. Where do you "check-in" so to speak if you are a day-pass guest? What is the one called next door, just in case?

Whoops, sorry! Yes I did mean Grand Cayman Beach Suites. Where do you "check-in" so to speak if you are a day-pass guest? What is the one called next door, just in case?

Just go to the front desk. I've always heard it's cash only unless it's changed. They will give you a receipt to keep with you for the day & also to get towels so don't take any from the ship. The lounge chairs by the pool have the canopy's you can lift up & down. I did use a credit card at the swim up bar for drinks & at Hemingway's. The last time we were there a hurricane had skimmed past & it was too windy for water sports. Not sure how much it is but you can parasail etc. from there. It's very relaxing & Hemingway's is the highlight for me. If you like crab cakes there's are awesome.

Can't remember the name of the place next door...........maybe Beach Colony.

just go to the front desk. I've always heard it's cash only unless it's changed. They will give you a receipt to keep with you for the day & also to get towels so don't take any from the ship. The lounge chairs by the pool have the canopy's you can lift up & down. I did use a credit card at the swim up bar for drinks & at hemingway's. The last time we were there a hurricane had skimmed past & it was too windy for water sports. Not sure how much it is but you can parasail etc. From there. It's very relaxing & hemingway's is the highlight for me. If you like crab cakes there's are awesome.

Can't remember the name of the place next door...........maybe beach colony.

thanks so much for the info!!! ;)

Archived