When is carnaval in 2009?

barante

We didn't go to the Carnval but I would stay that 2/3's of the passengers on the ship went. Just about everyone we saw said it was amazing. Just about all of the passengers booked this through the cruise line. It was more expensive than buying the tickets yourself but includes transportation to and from the carnival and it lets you out in a secured area.

I saw a video of it on the ship and it did seem amazing. Very elaborate costumes on dancer with very creative floats and lots of music.

Keith

I know this varies by cruise line and quite a bit. Our cruise line the tickets weer about $700.00 per person. I know of other cruise lines where it was substantially less.

While I'm sure other will have a variety of opinions the one thing I would recommend is to do this through the cruise line. Why, for the safety? I would not recommend doing it on your own. It's not worth the risk.

Personally I know of one coupe who were going to do it on their own and once on the ship realized that was a bad decision and ended up booking through the cruise line.

Keith

I know this varies by cruise line and quite a bit. Our cruise line the tickets weer about $700.00 per person. I know of other cruise lines where it was substantially less.

While I'm sure other will have a variety of opinions the one thing I would recommend is to do this through the cruise line. Why, for the safety? I would not recommend doing it on your own. It's not worth the risk.

Personally I know of one coupe who were going to do it on their own and once on the ship realized that was a bad decision and ended up booking through the cruise line.

Keith

The public prices for the 2008 Carnaval in Rio have now been published. If you just buy a ticket from the organisation, the prices are as follows:

Sector 9 R$ 500 per person (aprox US$ 250)

Sector 7 R$ 290 per person (aprox US$ 150)

Private box (holds 6) R$ 5.600 (aprox US$ 2.800, or $466 per person)

General public area R$ 30 per person (aprox US$ 15)

Whatever the cruiseline charges above these prices will be for the transport and their profit margin.

Tickets tend to sell out quickly, so no chance of buying them after you arrive in Rio, except from touts. Just getting a taxi to the Sambodromo on the night is a non-starter. It is best to shop around with reputable tour operators or agents in Rio. If the dfference is not too great, stick with the cruise line.

The cruise lines will no doubt have the best locations at their disposal where foreign tourists are best protected. Even so, it can be a risky business.

The public prices for the 2008 Carnaval in Rio have now been published. If you just buy a ticket from the organisation, the prices are as follows:

Sector 9 R$ 500 per person (aprox US$ 250)

Sector 7 R$ 290 per person (aprox US$ 150)

Private box (holds 6) R$ 5.600 (aprox US$ 2.800, or $466 per person)

General public area R$ 30 per person (aprox US$ 15)

Whatever the cruiseline charges above these prices will be for the transport and their profit margin.

Tickets tend to sell out quickly, so no chance of buying them after you arrive in Rio, except from touts. Just getting a taxi to the Sambodromo on the night is a non-starter. It is best to shop around with reputable tour operators or agents in Rio. If the dfference is not too great, stick with the cruise line.

The cruise lines will no doubt have the best locations at their disposal where foreign tourists are best protected. Even so, it can be a risky business.

Most of what you say is correct. However, if you are going on a cruise line just buy the tickets from the cruise line if you want to go. The peace of mind using their transportation is very important. While you can get a taxi there on your own, there is a high chance that you won't be able to easily get one coming back and you really do not want to be in a situation where you are waiting for a taxi with a mob of people.

So, this is one where you either should go with the cruise lines package or not go at all.

Keith

So, this is one where you either should go with the cruise lines package or not go at all.

Keith

I would be inclined to agree with that. It seems like a crazy thing to do, but I WOULD like to see the Carnaval in Rio one day - it is an event that is unique in the world. Where else can you see a musical performance with a cast of over 30,000?

Archived