Golf transportation question

Sidetracker

Going to Bermuda in May on NCL. Docks at Kings Wharf. DH plans to golf. Going to book the tee time thru NCL.

Any one know if NCL provides the transportation? If not, I know he would have to take the ferry. Then taxi (?) because the bus will not allow golf clubs. (Mid Ocean is one of the places he plans to play) Will transportation be a hassel for him?

Going to Bermuda in May on NCL. Docks at Kings Wharf. DH plans to golf. Going to book the tee time thru NCL.

Any one know if NCL provides the transportation? If not, I know he would have to take the ferry. Then taxi (?) because the bus will not allow golf clubs. (Mid Ocean is one of the places he plans to play) Will transportation be a hassel for him?

the best time/money solution is the orange route ferry to st georges then taxi from st georges to mid ocean. mid ocean, not ocean view, right?

Yep - Mid Ocean. He hasn't made up his mind which ones to play. :confused: That one sounds the best so far. Any input on golf course choices?

Thanks for the transportation info.

mid ocean is private, members and guests of only, although i have heard that it can be booked through some hotels and cruise ships. there was word of allowing limited public access in the run-up to the pga grand slam in october. www.themidoceanclubbermuda.com other private courses are castle harbour and riddle's bay

mid ocean is private, members and guests of only, although i have heard that it can be booked through some hotels and cruise ships. there was word of allowing limited public access in the run-up to the pga grand slam in october. www.themidoceanclubbermuda.com other private courses are castle harbour and riddle's bay

On ships that have a golf pro like Celebrity or Azamara, the pro can get you on Mid-Ocean.

Yep - Mid Ocean. He hasn't made up his mind which ones to play. :confused: That one sounds the best so far. Any input on golf course choices?

Thanks for the transportation info.

In case you didn't see the thread I started on this, I've set up a map showing all 9 golf courses in Bermuda. Not a lot of technical information, but you can at least see where they are and what the surroundings are like:

Golf Courses in Bermuda

Theron

Thanks for the map. It really helps. Quess I will have to call NCL and see if they really can get my dh onto those courses - mid ocean, etc. Also need to see if a pro goes with them. That could help with transportation too.

Thanks for everyones help.

PS

Loved your photos !!!

• 2 weeks later...

You can take golf clubs on the bus. I did this the first time I played at Mid-Ocean. There is a bus stop right at the drive way of Mid-Ocean. You should check to see if the bus stops there. I think the bus only stops there during the summer months.

Your DH may also want to play at Port Royal or Belmont golf courses. These two courses are public and are much closer to Dockyard is than Mid-Ocean. I found Port Royal to be just as challenging as Mid Ocean. All three of these course offer great views.

Your DH may also want to play at Port Royal or Belmont golf courses. These two courses are public and are much closer to Dockyard is than Mid-Ocean. I found Port Royal to be just as challenging as Mid Ocean. All three of these course offer great views.

Thanks for the info. DH will really have a hard time choosing which courses to play. :D

Archived