Navigator, Brilliance or Legend? Late summer or fall?

My husband and I are in our 30's, and have taken several cruises in the Caribbean and Bahamas. We are currently trying to decide which Mediterranean cruise to take on RCI. Due to work obligations, we must take the cruise in 2008, either August 1 - mid September, or after after October 7.

We are not sure which dates are best (ie, is after October too cold for shorts? is it too rainy? Are the crowds in early August horrible?) Any suggestions for good dates?

Also, we are torn between Navigator, Brilliance and Legend. Each of them has at least one itinerary that we like (we require an itinerary that includes Rome and Athens). We like big, nice ships that have a lot to do on them. Any suggestions on which ship to choose?

Any other advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Lisa

The Med was a trip that I based strictly on itinerary rather than ship - I wanted longer itineraries with certain stops. The trips are so port-intensive and you will be so busy that the ship and it's features are really secondary in the experience.

I spent 24 days on Brilliance last month and could not recommend her more highly.

Thanks for the info! After some discussion, we're seriously considering the October 8, 2008 cruise on Brilliance of the Seas... Our only concern now is- will it be chilly in October? Will we be able to wear shorts? I've heard it can get pretty windy too? (Note, we're from MN, so anything above 68 degrees is shorts weather for us :) )

hello.., ive been 3 times, so if it were me i'd pick september, the reason being kids are back in school and the temp should be a lil lower,their summers can be hot and humid, so for me like i said september is best bet,hope this helps you, you should go and check out the port boards for europe, there is a ton of very very good info there,have a great time,and dont forget to watch out for pick- pockets,have your hubby buy a money belt they work great:))):p

Thanks for the info! After some discussion, we're seriously considering the October 8, 2008 cruise on Brilliance of the Seas... Our only concern now is- will it be chilly in October? Will we be able to wear shorts? I've heard it can get pretty windy too? (Note, we're from MN, so anything above 68 degrees is shorts weather for us :) )

We were on Brilliance sailing from Barcelona last November and felt the weather was comfortable. It was in the mid 70's with lots of sunshine. Also on Brilliance you have the enclosed solarium so if it's chilly outside the solarium is a great place to hang out.

Archived