Snorkelling Help???

Help - On the next cruise, I want to go snorkelling with my hubby i tried to snorkel last time but couldn't see anything as i am very short sighted. Does anyone know of any place that I coul possibly get a mask to fit over my glasses?

Cheers Rach

Hi- my hubby buys disposable contact lenses and uses them under a normal pair of snorkelling goggles when we go snorkelling. They are not too expensive he pays $30 for a pair.

good luck- snorkelling is the best!

I too am visually challanged!

I get the disposable contacts for swimming / snorkelling. Although they do recommend you don't swim while wearing contacts. Not sure if that's only for chlorinated pools though, in case of bacteria getting in behind the lens. That said though i've never had any problems from swimming in contacts.

The ones I get cost $1 each and come in a box of 50. Well worth the spend. While prescription lenses in the mask would be the best option it might be very expensive if you don't intend to snorkel very often.

I had Eye Laser Surgery a couple of months before our first cruise.

It was the best thing I have done.

I Love not having to wear glasses and put contacts in and I love being able to go swimming and wear sunglasses without having to change glasses all the time.

Karen:)

I'd love to have laser eye surgery but my optom. says it may not be suitable for my right eye. He said I could 'try' it but I might end up feeling like I was looking through a plastic bag :eek: :eek: I'll stick with my specs ;) Well, until technology improves anyway ;)

I'd love to have laser eye surgery but my optom. says it may not be suitable for my right eye. He said I could 'try' it but I might end up feeling like I was looking through a plastic bag :eek: :eek: I'll stick with my specs ;) Well, until technology improves anyway ;)

I don't wear glasses and don't know much about it but ..... wouldn't it be in the best interest of all optom's to say that? Afterall if everyone had laser eye surgery they wouldn't be in business - well that's my conspiracy theory anyway. :cool:

^^ haha!! That's true Liz. If everyone had laser surgery the optom's would all go broke!

Nah, I have a very slight cone shape curving to my right eye and that's why it's apparently not suitable. Even wearing contacts irritates my R eye after a few hours. Oh well, at least there are lots of AWESOME frames out there these days to choose from :D

Thanks everyone for yuor help - like you msminx my eyes aren't suitable for laser surgery - I also can't wear contact as I have a turn in one eye and wearing contacts gives me double vision - I do however have an old pair of galsses as I only got my new ones a month ago - we have taken the arms off and are trying to figure out a way to stick them onto the mask - thinking of bluetac or super glue - don't know - will let you know what works and if its successful after the cruise.

Cheers Rach

My eyes werent suitable for laser but just last week U had a Intra Ocular Lens implant (I think!) like a cataract op where they removed my own lens and replaced it with a prescription one. Only do one eye at a time and my second one is next week but I CAN SEE! I love it. Very expensive but worth the money. Cant wait to see the coral and fish now.

Archived