"Loyal to Royal" ... considering Celebrity

Hal from Ohio

First timer on Celebrity boards. We've sailed exclusively, and have been very pleased with, RCCL Voyager class ships. Our TA just reserved a block of cabins on the Millenium for early March 2008. Are there any discount considerations available? Can points "transfer over" from Crown & Anchor? We are currently C&A platinum level at 8 points. Just wondering if C&A points have any value toward Captain's Club program? I know ..... too many questions .... and I should probably call C&A .... but you folks are just as helpful ..... and much better looking! Thanks in advance for your info.

Yes, your cruises can transfer to Celebrity but cannot be added to them. Call the Captains Club, join and get your number from them on the phone. That being said, Celebrity has one of the worst repeaters programs of the major cruise lines so don't expect a lot.

Celebrity is more formal than RC although they have not been very strict lately and have been very sporadic with their dress codes. The dress codes are supposedly for the evening and not just the dining room. Also, there is no buffet for dinner on any Celebrity ship. I bring this up as many coming over from other lines just automatically assume there is a buffet. There are however plenty of food options.

Anything in particular, ask away...

First timer on Celebrity boards. We've sailed exclusively, and have been very pleased with, RCCL Voyager class ships. Our TA just reserved a block of cabins on the Millenium for early March 2008. Are there any discount considerations available? Can points "transfer over" from Crown & Anchor? We are currently C&A platinum level at 8 points. Just wondering if C&A points have any value toward Captain's Club program? I know ..... too many questions .... and I should probably call C&A .... but you folks are just as helpful ..... and much better looking! Thanks in advance for your info.

Since you are "Platinum" loyalty level with Royal you will be "Select" with Celebrity. It's not very important actually as Celebrity's loyalty program is a joke compared to Royal's. We don't cruise on Celebrity for loyalty benefits since there really are none of any real importance to speak of. No discount consideration's on Celebrity.

First timer on Celebrity boards. We've sailed exclusively, and have been very pleased with, RCCL Voyager class ships.

If you are a frequenter of the Concierge lounge, be prepared. There is nothing like it on any Celebrity ship. We prefer the product offered by Celebrity but we do miss RCL's rewards for repeat cruisers. Celebrity's rewards are well... If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all... I'll stop here.;)

I am aware of the benefits, thanks. I was curious if Celebrity offered discount coupons similar to what is offered by RCCL in the C&A magazine. Just booked the Millennium today. We're looking forward to a cruise on Celebrity. Our TA highly recommends RCCL, but holds the opinion that

Celebrity offers the best service, food and value for the $$ spent.

hal,

My wife and I had sailed RCL ( Mariner and Splendoru) and just got back from Celebrity Mercury. I posted a review if interested.

Celebrity is more formal. It is just a feeling. People do dress up and stay dressed up at night. The staff is more formal and older generally than what I saw on RCL. You will love the service and food. It is above RCL in that it is fancier in its name and presentation. The staff is top notch. We didn't see as many families with young children and missed that. That could be our destination (alaska v caribbean) As teachers young ones don't bother us.

You will like it. You will fell a little more pampered.

I would chose either of these lines, depending on price and destination. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Darrell Duncan

If getting to Diamond is a concern stick with Royal & then you'll soon be at the highest level for both lines. We went back & forth between celb & Royal carib, & will finally just get to the tenth on Celeb in Sept. Had we stuck with one line we'd be there already. But if the cruise on Celeb appeals to you I guess that should be the deciding factor--

If getting to Diamond is a concern stick with Royal & then you'll soon be at the highest level for both lines. We went back & forth between celeb & Royal & will finally just get to the tenth on Celeb in Sept. Had we stuck with one line we'd be there already. But if the cruise on Celeb appeals to you I guess that should be the deciding factor--

Keep in mind that you get two cruise credits on RCL if you are in a Suite or higher. This might help you become a Diamond member sooner.

Even though I prefer Celebrity over RCL, I do like the Concierge Club perk that is offered. Although if you are cruising with others that are not in a Suite or a Diamond member, they cannot join you.

I don't usually book my cruises with the perks in mind that the ships offer. I prefer the better food, service and entertainment and a more relaxing atmosphere that Celebrity offers.

Hi,

Since you are a Select member with Celebrity (because of your platinum status with RCI) you get a free catagory upgrade when you book. The only time they will not give it is if you book Concierge Class. We are booked on the Millennium in January and it will be our 3rd with Celebrity. We also have 8 with RCI and 2 with Princess (3rd booked for September). We love Celebrity as we feel the food and service are a notch higher than RCI.

Lyn

Hal - we were(are) loyal to RCCL, too, but decided to do a Celebrity cruise this past June. We loved everything about it! The food and service was better. We will sail on RCCL again, but we did book our next cruise with Celebrity in March. We are Diamond members on RCCL and our membership transferred to Celebrity to make us Elite members. Your Platinum status with RCCL will make you Elite status on Celebrity. Just call Celebrity and they will give you a Captain's Club number. Check out the Celebrity website with the list of Captain Clubs benefits. RCCL do have better coupon books to redeem on board, but our special events with Celebrity were superb! Enjoy your Cruise!:)

No one ever mentions this, but we sailed RCL the first time on the Jewel. It was a beautiful ship...and I loved the casual aspect that they had formal night, but then most (not everyone) changed into relaxed clothes for the rest of the evening. I missed the "real"napkins and glassware in the buffet area. But I did like the buffet with its islands. I liked the availablity of the buffet at night. The only complaint I had ( and this was a really serious one for me)...there was no quiet place on the whole ship. I would try to find an out of the way place to sit in a comfy chair and read but there was NONE. I even tried lounges that were closed ....but piped in music was there as well. The "library" is open to the center of the ship where all the games, auctions, enteraintment was going on. The only quiet place was in my cabin...really missed Celebrity that way. Other than that serious complaint for me the Jewel compaired well with Celebrity. You will enjoy it. I can't wait to acheive elite on celebrity so I can see the concerge lounge on Royal. Have a wonderful cruise. Mary

We have been on 14 cruises with Celebrity and just recently switched to Royal...You will have to join captain's club on X to use your status on Royal,,but just a heads up, the perks on Royal c&a are much better than X....The Millie is one of our favorite ships and you will really love it...happy sailing:) ...

Archived