RCCL New Smoking Policy Discussion (merged)

I thought you were already out the door. It's funny how you will stay on here for hours posting your pro-smoking nonsense but then once you start losing your silly arguments and being exposed, then just by shear coincidence you always have some important reason that you have to leave. Funny how that works.

Ah yes, the beauty of self-employment... I recommend it to anyone!

"Always"? This is the first time I have had to leave, and court was cancelled so I am back ;)

And I am not pro-smoking, I am anti-name-calling.

OK, that post is simply unbelieveable. :eek:

SMOKING IS LEGAL... :cool:

Calling someone heartless and sick for doing a legal activity says it all!:mad:

Credibility so easily destroyed and still so clueless.:rolleyes:

jc

jc, never let the facts get in the way, it's totally lost on the fanatical and maniacal extreme. I know you know that though :D. Geeesh! What's next...concentration camps for smokers. I am sure there are a few on this thread who would agree to this...kinda sad really.

For the OP, thanks for the heads up on the change regarding RCI's smoking policy.

Well, I believe the heartless and sick comment was a bit of intentional hyperbole, but if you believe that anything is "OK" just because it doesn't break any current laws, then you're deluded. Following the law doesn't exempt you from being heartless or sick.

Oh, boo hoo. Who cares what they taste like. The government needs to force companies to stop making the old ones and only make the new ones. You will have no choice. You will still suck on them because you need your fix. We need to stop you from causing death and disease to innocent victims. If that means you have to suck on something that tastes bad, tough.

Um, the comment about smoking a carrot was a joke... so busy fighting you can't se a little comic relief?

Um, the comment about smoking a carrot was a joke... so busy fighting you can't se a little comic relief?

Yeah, but it was MY joke. I may sue, but probably won't as I enjoy anyone with a sense of humour;)

Alan

"Go ahead. Smoke and die"???? I won't pretend that I understand your perception of moronic, but I believe I've just read an example of it.

Alan

You're missing the point. all I'm saying is that I'm not trying to outlaw smoking in all places. You can't stop people from being stupid and committing suicide, even slowly. If you want to smoke, go ahead!! NO SKIN OFF MY NOSE!!

but when you smoke around ME, or around non-smokers, children, etc, THEN you are now hurting me and them. So I say, NO SMOKING ALLOWED.

Try and stay with the discussion. I know it can be difficult typing with nicotine stained fingertips....:D

OK, that post is simply unbelieveable. :eek:

SMOKING IS LEGAL... :cool:

Credibility so easily destroyed and still so clueless.:rolleyes:

jc

actually it's NOT completely LEGAL, my friend.

It's not LEGAL in many States in Restaurants and bars (Maryland and New Jersey come to mind. I'm sure there are a lot of others).

It's not LEGAL in movie theaters.

It's not LEGAL in any Federal Government building.

It's not LEGAL in sports stadiums.

it's not LEGAL inside any public schools and I would guess most Colleges and Universities, private and otherwise.

Shall I go on?

The reality is that it's becoming increasingly ILLEGAL outside of your own car or home.

Good. That's where it belongs.

So your contribution to the discussion is???

this might be all fun and games but remember, WHAT? is government going to take next. all you non smokers dont care about the way the government is going after the smokers because it does not pertain to you. but whats next ALCAHOL,CHOCOLATE,Mc DONALDS,Dt COKE-PEPSI,. its all ready started with the non trans fat grease! ASK YOURSELF WHATS NEXT before you do battle because you think your right. as i see it uncle sam knows what its going to do and when they strip it from you, WELL THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO! and then when you can not have that beer or chocolate or big mac you so much enjoy then think about the poor sap who is just as confused as you will be.

You're missing the point. all I'm saying is that I'm not trying to outlaw smoking in all places. You can't stop people from being stupid and committing suicide, even slowly. If you want to smoke, go ahead!! NO SKIN OFF MY NOSE!!

but when you smoke around ME, or around non-smokers, children, etc, THEN you are now hurting me and them. So I say, NO SMOKING ALLOWED.

Try and stay with the discussion. I know it can be difficult typing with nicotine stained fingertips....:D

You can say what you like....I'll continue to abide by the rules of RCI, or whomsoever I happen to be cruising with. Here's the deal...you stick to Port side and I'll try to get my body as brown as you seem to think my fingers are on the Starboard side. :o

Alan

You can say what you like....I'll continue to abide by the rules of RCI, or whomsoever I happen to be cruising with. Here's the deal...you stick to Port side and I'll try to get my body as brown as you seem to think my fingers are on the Starboard side. :o

Alan

No one is debating your right to smoke according to RCI's rules. Not much we can do about it.

I think it's quite amazing that anyone would willingly smoke, but go right ahead! You're like shaving 12-15 years off your life, but as I said, no skin off my nose as long as you stay away from me and my kids!

As I said, LIGHT UP!!

It's your life not mine.

gotta love Gorc.His wisdom and wit sure got the ball rolling.Thank you Gorc for your insight

thanks!

it's QORC, not GORC. But that's ok.

I'm newish to this board, but I don't mind the occasional tussle!

this might be all fun and games but remember, WHAT? is government going to take next. all you non smokers dont care about the way the government is going after the smokers because it does not pertain to you. but whats next ALCAHOL,CHOCOLATE,Mc DONALDS,Dt COKE-PEPSI,. its all ready started with the non trans fat grease! ASK YOURSELF WHATS NEXT before you do battle because you think your right. as i see it uncle sam knows what its going to do and when they strip it from you, WELL THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO! and then when you can not have that beer or chocolate or big mac you so much enjoy then think about the poor sap who is just as confused as you will be.

Ahhh, good. We haven't had the Big-Brother paranoia point of view in a few pages. :rolleyes: I guess it is rather disconcerting, though, that the government now requires food manufacturers to list the trans-fat content on the packaging, forcing them to give us the data we need to be informed about what we're eating.

I'm not much on Big Macs or beer, but I'll definitely keep this in mind, the next time I'm dangerously exposing someone else to my chocolate habit. ;)

Having alcohol, chocolate, mcdonald's, dt coke or pepsi DOES NOT ENDANGER THE HEALTH OF OTHERS AROUND YOU, ONLY YOURS.

This is a key difference. See if you can follow the discussion. It's an important distinction to make.

Archived