Should I ask for no upgrade

Deb1113

I've been assigned to cabin 1311 on the Carnival Victory for 9/03. I wanted an upgrade, but now that I didn't get one, I'm just as happy since this is midship and from what I understand, I will be less likely to get seasick on a low deck. My question - should I tell my t/a to put "do not upgrade" on my reservation? While I would love a balcony, the location of my room is just as important to me. I would hate a balcony around a lot of noise (or to be seasick on a higher deck). I realize that my room is likely to stay the same, but I don't know if I should take a chance that it might change. Thank you.

did you book a guarantee?? and got assigned that cabin or did you pic that cabin.

Booking a gurantee the cruiselines can move you around til the day you get onboard.

so technically you cant ask for this assignment unless you pay for it.

Picking an assigned cabin will always cost more then taking the guarantee.

this allows the cruiselines to move you around.

if you are seeing your assingment on your cruise documents..moe then likly (99.99% of chance that will stay your cabin)

--

cruising in Sept will be different from sailing in Janaury. Sept is high peak hurricane season. - if you hit rough waters you will feel the motion no matter where you go.

Did you originally book a GTY rate? If so, you cannot put no upgrade on your booking; you have to take what they assign. That said, it is unlikely that Carnival will move your assignment now that it has been made. Its rare, but not impossible. Your room is a triple, and if you are only a double booking, they could move you into another room.

Archived