Movies on Class "M" Ships?

luvocean9

I am sailing with my Mom on the Connie in December. Can anyone tell me if they show movies in the theatre? We don't want to watch one in the cabin. We would prefer to go see a movie on a big screen.

I am sailing with my Mom on the Connie in December. Can anyone tell me if they show movies in the theatre? We don't want to watch one in the cabin. We would prefer to go see a movie on a big screen.

Hi Luvocean !

Yes they do show movies in the theater. The movies are roughly several months past their original release, not first run. The best way I could describe it, is like something you would see at the low price movie theaters.

They usually have 1 movie per day, scheduled a few different times throughout the day. It is possible that you might see the same movie later in your sailing.

I hope this helps a bit. Enjoy !

As Andy said, yes. To clarify they have a "Cinema and Conference Center" on Deck 3. This is a mid size room [maybe 100-200 seats], NOT the Celebrity Theatre [900+ seat showroom]. I think they even give out free popcorn. Enjoy!

I think they even give out free popcorn. Enjoy!

That is not happening. Never have they served any popcorn at the Cinema on any of my cruises. I did buy a large bag of pre-popped popcorn and small paper bags at Catalina Island and brought it onboard. Bagged a few and took to the Cinema and offered some to anyone there. Guess what, no one wanted to take it.

Such is life.

Here is the list of movies that were shown on our Infinity sailing March 25 - April 8, 2007. It should give you an idea of the age of the movies you'll see. The following were all shown in Cinema 3.

Prime

The Constant Gardner

Elizabethtown

Walk the Line

The Weather Man

Good Night and Good Luck

The Family Stone

Duma

Capote

Shopgirl

North Country

Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Proof

Other movies are also shown on the television in your room. There are usually 2 or 3 that alternate during the day.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

That is not happening. Never have they served any popcorn at the Cinema on any of my cruises. quote]

Sorry, but on our Millennium transatlantic in March, the popcorn machine was on and functioning for each movie that we attended.:)

That's great news. Thanks everyone for your replies. I still have not seen most of the movies you listed from the March cruise, so the age of the films will not be a problem. Mom will be thrilled! Popcorn would be nice, but I'm not sure I want to spoil my appetite for the fabulous food that awaits us later.

We saw 'Master and Commander' aboard a Princess ship. The theatre was in the bow of the ship. The up and down movement of the ship while watching this movie made it a mult-dimensional experience. What fun! The last couple of sailings I've had (Princess and Carnival) did not show movies.

Can anyone tell me if there is a cinema on Galaxy?

Is that a C class ship?

Thank-you

Yes the Galaxy is a C class ship.

Never been to a movie on a ship myself, but from a program from the Galaxy last February it does show movies scheduled for the "Cinema" on deck 6.

That is not happening. Never have they served any popcorn at the Cinema on any of my cruises. quote]

Sorry, but on our Millennium transatlantic in March, the popcorn machine was on and functioning for each movie that we attended.:)

I'm glad you got it on Millennium. I'll check on that in April when we sail Millennium.

Are there microwave ovens in the cabins? I don't recall. If there are, then you can bring your own popcorn and prepare it fresh before going to the movie. Of course, you might want to think about bringing enough for everyone. Just chatting about popcorn makes me want to make some, and it's only 6:15 a.m.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Archived