Is It True? Is This Possible?

Wadadli1

Today we received the book called "2008 European Collection". On the page that has the voyage we are taking, the Barcelona to Miami repositioning cruise (11th November), it says the Jacques Pepin will be onboard. What!

You have to understand, I love Jacques. He is the best cook out there, as far as I'm concerned. Is it possible we will be on the trip with him, going to his cooking demos, having some of his actual food?

Understand that I've already gone thru Shock, Disbelief, Anger, and am currently at Denial. :D Is it really possible that I will be onboard with this wonderful, talented man for 14 nights? I don't mean like that, of course. They won't change it, will they?

Angela –

We saw that too and are curious about it. We are not foodies, but it would be nice to have him on our cruise. I checked the Roll Call but did not see any mention about Jacques being on board.

Angela –

We saw that too and are curious about it. We are not foodies, but it would be nice to have him on our cruise. I checked the Roll Call but did not see any mention about Jacques being on board.

Hi Juergen,

I don't consider myself a "foodie" because I don't know what that means. But I am a lover and huge fan of good food, and am currently shocked and awed that someone who represents all that I admire when it comes to cooking that food might be onboard when I am. And if it's true, I promise not to behave like an idiot but will bethe most appreciative person onboard. :o

Hi Angela –

Do you suppose there will be some sort of cooking class or lecture on board?

If yes, I guess we’ll be able to spot you: in the first row, excitedly hopping up and down? LOL

I sailed with him. He is great fun and you will find him and his friends every evening in Horizons. He dances the evening away, drinks and has a great time. He is very friendly and great company. Enjoy the trip, I know you will.

Great news! We are usually the only couple in Horizons dancing to the Regatta Orchestra. look forward to some action up there late night with Jacques. Should liven up the place!!

We sailed with him in April of this year. He appeared to be a very sweet man. His cooking demonstration was great and quite funny. We saw in throughout the cruise, and always said hi in the hallways.

Wadadli1, it's true! True! It's all true! We are booked as of today and it should be fun. It's time to get to the acceptance stage!!! No bargaining needed.

Yay! Even got to skip a step. :p Now I have to try and forget about it so as not to be overly excited. I find the time goes by faster when you are calm and detached.

Hi Angela –

Do you suppose there will be some sort of cooking class or lecture on board?

If yes, I guess we’ll be able to spot you: in the first row, excitedly hopping up and down? LOL

Cooking class? Lecture? That boy should be in the kitchen, making us our supper! No time for talking! ;) Don't worry--the hoppy will be out of my system by 2008, November no less!

I sailed with him. He is great fun and you will find him and his friends every evening in Horizons. He dances the evening away, drinks and has a great time. He is very friendly and great company. Enjoy the trip, I know you will.

By friends do you mean say, Jean Claude?

I only know Jacques from his books and tv but he seems exactly as you say. I would even go to Horizons to hang out some with such a fun bunch, I think.;)

When I first read this thread I was thinking November of this year and was thinking how great it would be to have Jacques Pepin on board. Then this morning I was looking over the brochure and realized it is November of 2008. Wow! We booked that cruise while aboard the Regatta Miami to Marseilles TA this past March. We even went for broke and booked an Owner's Suite:) We are major foodies and great Jacques Pepin fans. We will definitely need to do a course by course dinner in our suite this tme. This is really something to look forward to! Thanks Wadadi1 for bringing this to my attention.

Archived