Rome Hotels....Help

I also posted this on RCI forum.

Just booked the Navigator out of Rome and am looking for suggestions. I plan on staying at least 2 nights in Rome prior to the cruise. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I am looking for personal experiences in Rome hotels. I would like to be centrally located for seeing all the popular sites of Rome. I'm willing to spend some $$$ for something nice, but not toooooo much.

Thank you in advance! ;)

I also posted this on RCI forum.

Just booked the Navigator out of Rome and am looking for suggestions. I plan on staying at least 2 nights in Rome prior to the cruise. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I am looking for personal experiences in Rome hotels. I would like to be centrally located for seeing all the popular sites of Rome. I'm willing to spend some $$$ for something nice, but not toooooo much.

Thank you in advance! ;)

try this web site.kayak.com,many hotels in the centre

Hi Aquahound

I just got back and I stayed at a really nice little hotel, that was around the corner from the Spanish Steps. We walked everywhere. The hotel name is Hotel Homs and I booked on Venere.com. We stayed in room 202. The Hotel was recently redone, and it was very lovely - definitely 4 star. We needed a triple,it was small but very nice. I paid 160Euro/night through Venere.com. It does not include breakfast, but there are alot of little places locally where you can get stuff to eat. The staff was very helpful and spoke English. Hope this helps.

Angie

Please do a search on this board as there are many many threads re hotels in Rome..all prices,locations and testimonials..loacation being a plus.If you want location and price try the Hassler right on top of the Spanish Steps.Also,the Grand Plaza Hotel on vis del Corso is quite nice.If you want via Veneto try the Excelsior..these are quite high end,but there are some other's lower priced that are just as nice.If you have not been to Rome before know that rooms tend to be smallish.The other links in the other posts will also give you some good info as well as what is on this board.Good luck and enjoy Rome!!!

We just returned last night from our Med Cruise trip and stayed 3 nights ahead at the Hotel Mozart. Actually, in their Vivaldi Suites (next door). It was a really charming place just around the corner from Spanish Steps, Trevi, etc. I highly recommend it.

I originally chose them from advice on Tripadvisor.com. We needed a Quad (4 people/one room), and had a very spacious room with a beautiful large bathroom. We were brought breakfast each morning at whatever time we requested. They had a nice selection and it was included in the price. I booked directly with the hotal through their website and recieved a 10% booking discount. If I had only needed a double room I could have probably gotten a better price elsewhere, but no one else can book the Quad. It is high season, so I don't think it would have been cheap no matter.

We just returned this week from Rome and stayed at the Artemide Hotel on Via Nationalze. It was wonderful. Great location and very clean. Toiletries, slippers and free minibar. The people there were so very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good (eggs so/so since European scrambled). The only possible concern is that the beds are VERY firm (if this would bother you.) Also, I'd recommend asking for a quiet room in the back so that you are not overlooking via Nationalze. Good luc!

We stayed at Visconti Palace, though we booked on our own and saved money, it happened to be a Carnival hotel, so we were able to do our transfers to the ship from the hotel -

Here is my review on tripadvisor, including a few pictures: http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187791-d205160-r7869951-Visconti_Palace-Rome_Lazio.html

Archived