Whale Watching

earl_m

I'm not really sure when the best time is, but we saw a lot from our Ship in June and then we also did a whale watching excursion with Capt Larry and Orca Enterprises and saw a bunch more then too. We were in Alaska in Mid June...hope that helps some

any time during the cruise season. they come back from hawaii or mexico during april...stay up there until late sept to oct. they have some humpbacks that are always up there. older females that don't bred, young males too young to bred. once they get up to alaska, you have a chance to see them for the next 5 months. they go where ever they can find food.

we went in juneau with harv and marv on june 1. we saw humpbacks alone and some with babies and orcas. It was amazing. we were also able to view them from the cruise ship. harv and marv were spectacular though. they operate out of 2 small boats holding no more than 6 passengers each.

go to harvandmarv.com

then there is me...i was really looking, but did see 2 small whales from the boat...otherwise no humpbacks, except for my trip with orca enterprises.

had a great whale watching with them..saw several. wildlife viewing from the ship is hit or miss.

Archived