Hotels in San Diego

debgirl

Hi, we will be cruising on the Ryndam Christmas week and are looking for a hotel to stay near the port that is reasonable since we will be staying 2 nights before our cruise. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Deb, we are sailing out of San Diego October 2008 for Hawaii and I found the Best Western Bayside at 555 N Ash is only 4 blocks up from the Terminal. If you get anything close to the Terminal most will not provide a shuttle. Depending on what you wish to spend, anything close to the Terminal will be $ 130+ 10.5 % tax. There are Hotels like Comfort Inn, close they are near train tracks. Go on the Web, " Hotels near Cruise Terminal" at 1140 N Harbor. You can also do a " Live Search " gives you an aerial map of SD, put in hotel location and it will mark it so you can see where it is in relation to Terminal.

1. HI on the Bay corner of Ash and N Harbor well over $200( closest to Terminal)

2. Embassy Suites N Narbor and Broadway

3. HI Bayside 4875 N Harbor 7 min from Terminal with Shuttle

4. Best Western Bayside ( several around them)

Gay

RADIANCE OF THE SEAS, HAWAII OCTOBER 11, 2008

Hi Deb Web Site http://san.diego.hotelguide.net Click on San diego Hotels Downtown.

My List:

1. BW Bayside 1-619-233-7500

2. Comfort Inn 1-619-232-2525

3. HI On the Bay 1355 N harbor 1-800-356-3584

4. Shereton Suites 701 A Street 1-800-695-8284 or 1 619-696-9800

5. Days Inn 1919 PCH 1-619-232-1077 or 1-800-232-2285

There are alot of hotels off Ash Hope this will help

Gay

Thank you Gay for the heads-up. I will check that web site. I found several around the harbor that is our price range. We don't mind taking a taxi to the port. I must say their port is alot more convenient to the airport than Miami, FL or NO.

Debbi

Deb, I didn't really think for being that close to the terminal that the prices were that bad, depnding on Hotel of course. 2 or 3 in our group want to go to the HI on the Bay so they can see they ship come in. I couldn't see paying over $ 250 to see a ship come in, I will be on for 15 days. When I weighed cost of parking car, against group price we got at HI Bayside, 10 days free parking $ 5 after, & food even being 2 + hrs out, it was worth going in Hotel.

The cons I read on Comfort Inn Days Inn, were the noise from being near the tracks, otherwise nice hotels. Initially I was looking at the Best Western Bayside but then we got the group rate at the HI Bayside. Enjoy your Cruise, we have a 15 month wait.

Gay

Hi, we will be cruising on the Ryndam Christmas week and are looking for a hotel to stay near the port that is reasonable since we will be staying 2 nights before our cruise. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

We are on the October 12th Summit sailing and booked our hotel through priceline. Have the Solimar downtown San Diego and it was a great price for a 4* hotel-less than the BW. Happy sailing!

We are on the October 12th Summit sailing and booked our hotel through priceline. Have the Solimar downtown San Diego and it was a great price for a 4* hotel-less than the BW. Happy sailing!

Ok, I'm nosy. How much did you get the Solamar for? We pricelined a room for our pre-cruise stay in November and got the Omni (4 star) for $135. I've seen 4 stars getting pricelined for less but it's still about half of the regular rate so I'm happy.

Ok, I'm nosy. How much did you get the Solamar for? We pricelined a room for our pre-cruise stay in November and got the Omni (4 star) for $135. I've seen 4 stars getting pricelined for less but it's still about half of the regular rate so I'm happy.

I believed my friend bid $105. With taxes it was around $120. We booked three rooms. Don't know anything about that particular hotel but it looked very nice and is fairly convenient.

I booked the Holiday Inn Express at 7th and Ash Street for 1 night, two rooms, Saturday 12/2 on Hotwire.com for $59.00 per room. We are not that particular, just want clean and convenient. Plus they have free airport shuttle and free shuttle to the cruise pier. I don't think you can beat that if you want a real value!! Good luck.

There are several Hotels on or around Ash, 1st that are good based upong reviews. We booked about 7 min out at the HI Bayside for our group.

Twin, put in Live Search, at top show Terminal Address of 1140 N Harbor Blvd, the HI Bayside is just a block away at 1300 block N Harbor and Ash. If you go North on Ash, you will see alot of Hotels off from there.

1. BW Bayside 555 N Ash. Look back on ,my previous listing of Hotels Post # 2 & 3

• 2 weeks later...

Twincities: Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Yes, the Holiday Inn Express on Ash was a 2-1/2 star rating on Hotwire with a downtown/harbor island location. Our trip isn't until 12/2, but I will report on its condition afterwards. Good luck. I think for the one night with airport and cruise port shuttles, it's a very good deal for $59.00.

Archived