Review Pride of America 6/23/07

CKM

I would also check out Roberts tours they are much less expensive than NCL and many have the same itinerary. We are on the 8/4 POAm cruise and have booked 4 tours with Roberts, 2 with NCL and are renting a car the on first afternoon in Maui to drive to Kaanapali and Lahaina. Roberts website is http://www.gorabbitgo.com

I will post a review when I get back.

I would also check out Roberts tours they are much less expensive than NCL and many have the same itinerary. We are on the 8/4 POAm cruise and have booked 4 tours with Roberts, 2 with NCL and are renting a car the on first afternoon in Maui to drive to Kaanapali and Lahaina. Roberts website is http://www.gorabbitgo.com

I will post a review when I get back.

I work in the aloha cafe buffet at night at the drink station, come by and say hello sometime I always like meeting cruise critic people.

This thread is great...lots of info! We'll be on Pride of America 8/11. The guys are not bringing sports coats...it's Hawaii! We've seen hawaii many times, but never from a cruise ship.

We live on the west coast, so our flight coming home departs Hawaii at 1:10pm. Because of this, we aren't able to take a tour which leaves us off at the airport. What's the best way to get to the airport after the cruise? Do we just walk off the ship, onto the pier and hope there's a shuttle there, or how do we do this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sue

How much does it cost to take a shuttle to the pier from the airport? There are 4 of us. And, we don't have to make any arrangements prior to our trip? Just go to the front of the airport and find a shuttle?

How much does it cost to take a shuttle to the pier from the airport? There are 4 of us. And, we don't have to make any arrangements prior to our trip? Just go to the front of the airport and find a shuttle?

If you 4 share a taxi then its a good rate. Just go out in front of baggage and take one to the pier. Its not very long but im trying to remember the exact cost. It cost us $39 to take it from the airport to Waikiki, and the pier is about 1/2 between the two.

Hi James,

Can you tell me if they charge for the milkshakes at the Cadillac? My DH is addicted to chocolate and if the soda card includes the milkshakes I might have to buy 2 !!

Also, you said that muster is between 4 and 5 - what happens if someone embarks after 5?

Thanks for your help,

Corie

• 4 weeks later...

All our excurtions were book thru NCL. The HBR was about 3 and a half hours. we couldn't tube the ditch because it was booked. we tried to book it about 3-4 days before the cruise on the internet. if you miss the muster drill, Sunday afternoon they have a mandatory make-up drill for those who missed. we met in the hollywood theater with our jackets, someone checked us off a list, made sure we knew how to wear the jacket and let us go.

There was no formal formal night. In the daily letter it said if you would like to get dressed up, then Wednesday night is the night. They had a variety of backgrounds for pictures. A few people dress up but the majority did not. I wore slinky black pants and a shiny red blouse.

Our flight home was at 10:30pm, so we rented a car for the day. we rented the car at the honolulu airport when we arrived. Had no problem getting one.

We arrived at the airport about 10am, we were able to check our bags then (thank goodness). We did have to drag our carry on luggage around with us but as soon as we got the car, it wasn't so bad. Drove all over honolulu and up to north shore. Couldn't find anything but fast food to eat, so we went back to the airport to eat. Got there around 6pm, everything was open.

We had the best time ever and I highly recommend this cruise. even if you just want relax on board or actively participate in all Hawaii has to offer. We will return in a few years, probably staying on kauai (our favorite island).

Some asked if we saw the lava. No we did not. the earthquake in May toke care of that. They are waiting for an eruption somewhere to let the pressure off. Although some people complained, what can you with mother nature.

I hope everyone has a great cruise, get over any unpleasantries and enjoy yourself.

Happy cruising,

CKM

PS It's 38 days until my next cruise. Carnival Conquest out of Galveston. i'm so excited. Me, my mother, and 4 sisters a going.

Archived