Seattle hotel near the things we're wanting to do/see

jstpshe

We need a nice but not too expensive place to stay in Seattle for 2 nights but can't decide where.

We are going to the Space Needle, doing the Underground Tour, maybe a dinner cruise and just what to browse around

Can anyone suggest the best location to stay at near all of this or anything else we should also see?

Which motel would be nice, clean and reasonable to stay at?

I wanted to eat at the Space Needle for dinner our first night in but have seen peoples comments on this board that the food isn't that great and too expensive. Is there anyone out there that has ate here and liked it?

Thanks, CJ :) :)

We need a nice but not too expensive place to stay in Seattle for 2 nights but can't decide where.

We are going to the Space Needle, doing the Underground Tour, maybe a dinner cruise and just what to browse around

Can anyone suggest the best location to stay at near all of this or anything else we should also see?

Which motel would be nice, clean and reasonable to stay at?

I wanted to eat at the Space Needle for dinner our first night in but have seen peoples comments on this board that the food isn't that great and too expensive. Is there anyone out there that has ate here and liked it?

Thanks, CJ :) :)

Former Seattleite here. I can't help you with hotel information, but regarding your other questions:

The Space Needle is a must-do! Who cares about the food! The restaurant rotates and the view is to die for, especially after dark. The Underground Tour is very cool. You'll learn about Seattle's history, which is most interesting.

Other things to do/see: Pike Place Market (don't miss the flying fish), a ferry ride to Bainbridge Island, the beautiful UW campus. If you're a rock-n-roll fan, there's a new-ish museum of rock which is getting raves. We plan to see that next time we're there. And be sure to grab some Ivar's fish & chips, either at the waterfront or at SeaTac -- none better.

That should keep you busy for a few days. :) Enjoy the most beautiful city in the world!

The space needle is very nice, but to eat, the food is fair but very very expensive, You can go online and they show the menus there. Typical appetizer $14, salad $10, entree $40.00, veg $8.00. They have a minimum charge of $35.00 per person. You can always go up to the observation deck without eating. Great view, especailly if it is clear.:)

For the areas that you would like to see you can either stay in the downtown Seattle area or near the Seattle Center. We have a great bus system here so getting around to the areas that you want will not be a problem. I would check some of the hotel review websites to see what people say about the following hotels that may not be too spendy (Seattle can be expensive).

The Comfort Suites (Inn-Seattle Center)

The Hampton Inn (Seattle Center)

Best Western Executive Inn (Seattle Center)

The Red Lion Inn on 5th Avenue

From What I have heard the food at the Space Needle is not good, you are paying for the view which you can get from the observation deck for much less.

We are staying at the Inn at Queen Anne which has pretty good reviews and a great low price. They have a shuttle that will take you downtown to Pike's Market as well as drop you off at the cruise ports. It's not the fanciest hotel but it's a clean place to sleep and shower. It also comes with a comp. breakfast. What else do you need a hotel for if you are planning on spending most of your time out enjoying Seattle anyway? :)

http://www.innatqueenanne.com/

We are leaving for a cruise an donly needed the one night in Seattle so I figured, go cheap, it's just a bed right! I went on the advice of an actual travel agent from one of the lower price hotel finding chains. She suggested the Kings Inn. She sadi that she had lived in Seattle and it was in a great part of town. Stupid, trusting, me went with the reservation that was 129.00. I did a little more research after and found out that it was a 1-2 star hotel. Now if the pictures that they advertize from the hotel look gross, what do the rooms really look like? I cut my losses, 20$ to cancel through the agency and went with a beautiful hotel, Seattle W. It only cost me 50 bucks more and it looks great. Stuffy yes, but I would rather have stuffy then look at bums in a dumpster as one of the reviews stated! Just my experience to pass on to you~ Good Luck!

We are leaving for a cruise an donly needed the one night in Seattle so I figured, go cheap, it's just a bed right! I went on the advice of an actual travel agent from one of the lower price hotel finding chains. She suggested the Kings Inn. She sadi that she had lived in Seattle and it was in a great part of town. Stupid, trusting, me went with the reservation that was 129.00. I did a little more research after and found out that it was a 1-2 star hotel. Now if the pictures that they advertize from the hotel look gross, what do the rooms really look like? I cut my losses, 20$ to cancel through the agency and went with a beautiful hotel, Seattle W. It only cost me 50 bucks more and it looks great. Stuffy yes, but I would rather have stuffy then look at bums in a dumpster as one of the reviews stated! Just my experience to pass on to you~ Good Luck!

Good choice - I've lived here since 1965 and can't think of where the Kings Inn is!! Have a great cruise and short time in Seattle.

We did an Alaska cruise in summer of 2006 and spent a night in Seattle. We stayed at Seattle - Best Western Pioneer Square hotel. the rooms are not large but everything was neat and clean, and breakfast was included. It is fine for 2 people (would be tight with 4) and it is right near the waterfront, near the Ivers restaurant mentioned in a post above. On the opposite side of downtown from the needle, but downtown Seattle is easy to walk around. have fun - the Seattle Aquarium is downtown and a good place to also visit.

We stayed at the Vance Hotel, about six short block walk to Pike St Market, short cab ride to the pier. Not very expensive (I don't recall the actuall price), pretty large room, and best of all, CLEAN...

Archived