Received passports yesterday

DOTTE

Lucky you. I'm still waiting for mine. I applied Mid-April and requested standard service. So I'm about 14 weeks out and still no passport. I keep going to the mailbox every day in the hopes that they'll be there....

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a raised-seal bc? I'm 40 days from my cruise.

It depends on where you're getting it from...every office is different. I have to get mine from Oklahoma, it takes 4 weeks. My SIL got hers at a local courthouse in Texas the same day she requested it...

Awesome!! My congressman called yesterday and said that he'll be checking again for us on Wednesday and we should have them by Friday at the latest. We're on 16 weeks of waiting and are going to Spain next Wednesday, 8/8.

ETA!!! Just checked the website and mine has been mailed, expected for arrival on 8/5!!!!! However, I can't find my fiance's application again, either under the misspelled name or the normal one. Uh oh...time to call again.

Edit again- NO hold time! Someone answered right away! Wow! Anyhoo...they found his, all spelled right. Both are going to be Fed-Exed overnight and will be to us tomorrow morning! Oh happy day!!! :)

You can contact the issueing state for your BC. They have options to overnite one to you. I just helped get one for my dad. His is from ND. I did this on thursday morning and had to have it overnited to the Seattle PP Agency. We are leaving in the morning. Just tracked it online and it says it will be at the Post Office in a.m. We'll pick it up and take off. BTW it cost $7 for bc and $21 to have it overnited. Good Luck

GRRL - It was postmarked Charleston, SC

Leo Jay - It is new passport. We sail on 10/21/07 on the Destiny. Can't wait.

Thanks. Interesting that you don't sail until October, and some sailing in a few weeks have been waiting forever.

I wonder how many applications might actually get started on on a timely basis, and then get derailed for one reason or another (e.g. sloppy handwriting) and end up in someone's "to be researched" pile indefinitely...

Awesome!! My congressman called yesterday and said that he'll be checking again for us on Wednesday and we should have them by Friday at the latest. We're on 16 weeks of waiting and are going to Spain next Wednesday, 8/8.

ETA!!! Just checked the website and mine has been mailed, expected for arrival on 8/5!!!!! However, I can't find my fiance's application again, either under the misspelled name or the normal one. Uh oh...time to call again.

Edit again- NO hold time! Someone answered right away! Wow! Anyhoo...they found his, all spelled right. Both are going to be Fed-Exed overnight and will be to us tomorrow morning! Oh happy day!!! :)

Yay!! I was wondering what you had decided to do, but it seems that you DID book the trip to Spain! Glad you are getting the passports in time!! Good luck to those of you still waiting!! Once you get them, for adults, you won't have to do it again for 10 years!!:)

Lucky you. I'm still waiting for mine. I applied Mid-April and requested standard service. So I'm about 14 weeks out and still no passport. I keep going to the mailbox every day in the hopes that they'll be there....

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a raised-seal bc? I'm 40 days from my cruise.

In ohio we just have to go to our records and vital statistics and they give them the same day YOu just wait while the find it and print it and such:)

Mailed applications for passports (4) from Oklahoma City 14-Jun-07....received all three with enclosed birth certificates 30-Jul-07. Six weeks, 4 days all complete. These were brand new passports and we did not opt for the expedite service. Hopefully those that have been waiting a long while will get theirs soon. Glad the spain trip looks good!!

Yay!! I was wondering what you had decided to do, but it seems that you DID book the trip to Spain! Glad you are getting the passports in time!! Good luck to those of you still waiting!! Once you get them, for adults, you won't have to do it again for 10 years!!:)

All booked and ready to roll. The FedEx tracking number is now working and it says they'll be delivered before 3pm tomorrow. I can't tell you how relieved I am. Oh wait....I bet you know that drill, don't you? ;) :)

I'm going to send a nice letter of thanks to Congressman Braley for his assistance when we get back. Not much time to do much of anything right now. My last day of my summer class is Tuesday and we leave Wednesday! :eek:

It's been just over 7 weeks for my DW and I since we applied for our passports. We both received notice today that they have been mailed to us. Also, we went to two different Post Offices to apply since our schedules are a bit different.

As far as the BC's, I was born in Illinois and do not live there now, so I got on the web and ordered mine from vital records. It took only a few days before I received my copy I ordered. It wasn't like my original which was sent in with my application for the passport with the raised seal, however it was a photo copy of the original and is notarized. My DW on the other hand and I live in the state in which she was born, Missouri, so she just went to the courthouse and got a copy. It took her about 30 minutes total.

Good luck to everyone on getting their documents in time.

In ohio we just have to go to our records and vital statistics and they give them the same day YOu just wait while the find it and print it and such:)

I just got 2 certified (raised seal) copies of my husband's birth certificate thru a website Vitalchek. I got the link thru the Passport webpage. I ordered them on 7-15-07, which was a Sunday. We received them 2 days later in our regular mail. It was $31 for copies and I did not pay for any expedited service or anything. Less than 2 business days. I was pleasantly surprised!!

I applied for my passport 4 weeks ago (standard), guess I've still got a while to wait huh? It's like waiting for your doc's to come the day after you book your trip- you know it's not time for them-- but you start looking the minute after you apply/book. LOL

Ok guys, sorry to sort of hijack this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one, and I need to vent SOMEWHERE.

I haven't posted anything on this board about passports, because there wasn't anything to say. We aren't sailing until December, applied a long time ago, and have plenty of time waiting for them to arrive.

I received my passport last week. Big woohoo!!!

My boyfriend's passport did NOT arrive, even though the website said it had been mailed and delivered. Come to find out, it was RETURNED to the passport office because they mailed it out with the WRONG ADDRESS. We live in a condo, and they just put our address, and NOT the unit #. Now, who knows where the thing is...actually, it's supposed to be going back to New Orleans. I'm not so much worried about the passport, because I'm pretty sure they can resend it before our cruise, but I AM worried about his birth certificate.

Those of you who have received your passports already know that they mail the BC seperately from the passport and I'm worried that it's going to get lsot somewhere, or whoever is resending it will just grab the passport and not bother to look for the other envelope with the BC.

I guess only time will tell.

I called them and they took down the correct address but they said they had no idea when it would get shipped back out because we are not priority, since we aren't leaving until December. I do understand that, but it still kind of irritates me, because if it wasn't for them not putting the correct address, he would have it in hand right now.

Ok guys, sorry to sort of hijack this thread, but I didn't want to start a new one, and I need to vent SOMEWHERE.

I haven't posted anything on this board about passports, because there wasn't anything to say. We aren't sailing until December, applied a long time ago, and have plenty of time waiting for them to arrive.

I received my passport last week. Big woohoo!!!

My boyfriend's passport did NOT arrive, even though the website said it had been mailed and delivered. Come to find out, it was RETURNED to the passport office because they mailed it out with the WRONG ADDRESS. We live in a condo, and they just put our address, and NOT the unit #. Now, who knows where the thing is...actually, it's supposed to be going back to New Orleans. I'm not so much worried about the passport, because I'm pretty sure they can resend it before our cruise, but I AM worried about his birth certificate.

Those of you who have received your passports already know that they mail the BC seperately from the passport and I'm worried that it's going to get lsot somewhere, or whoever is resending it will just grab the passport and not bother to look for the other envelope with the BC.

I guess only time will tell.

I called them and they took down the correct address but they said they had no idea when it would get shipped back out because we are not priority, since we aren't leaving until December. I do understand that, but it still kind of irritates me, because if it wasn't for them not putting the correct address, he would have it in hand right now.

Our birth certificates came with the passports in the envelope, standard mail, from Boston, MA. Good luck on your BF's BC.

Dorothy

Come to find out, it was RETURNED to the passport office because they mailed it out with the WRONG ADDRESS. We live in a condo, and they just put our address, and NOT the unit #. Now, who knows where the thing is...

Even if it was the passport office's oversight, it sounds like your local post office facility was asleep at the wheel, or just being lazy -- seems to me if it was just a matter of a missing unit number they should have been able to deliver it properly.

:confused:

Hope it works out for you.

Yesterday, my DW and I both received our passports just 7 weeks after applying. They were issued from New Orleans, so at least that branch is getting things done.

Good luck to everyone else.

Dh and I just received ours too. It took mine 9 wks and dh's was only 8 wks. They were postmarked New Orleans.

Oh and LadyJBD, our birth certs were included in the same envelope. They were not mailed separate. So maybe your boyfriend's will be with his passport as well.

Archived