If not doing "easy fly", do we keep our luggage with us?

alikim

I read here about packing your luggage night before and leaving it outside the door. Is this for easy fly people only?

What if we are taking our luggage with us to the excursion before going to the airport?

Do we keep our luggage with us and take the luggage off the ship ourselves?

Thank you.

• Administrators
I read here about packing your luggage night before and leaving it outside the door. Is this for easy fly people only?

What if we are taking our luggage with us to the excursion before going to the airport?

Do we keep our luggage with us and take the luggage off the ship ourselves?

Thank you.

Your luggage will be taken off the ship whether you use Easy-Fly or not, unless you use Express Debarkation. If you choose that option, make sure that you have enough people to handle all of your luggage yourselves -- there are no porters, carts, etc. Otherwise, you will receive color-coded luggage tags on the last night and will put them on your "big" luggage and leave it in the hallway by the time stated in the Freestyle Daily. It will be taken off the ship and you will collect it at the pier, then transport it to the airport via your chosen transportation method.

The reason Easy Fly is so popular (even though at $20 per person it's spendy) is that once you stick your big bags out with their tags in the hallway, your luggage is collected, transported to the airport (NOT weighed!), and put on the plane to your home airport -- you don't see it at all from the night you put it out until you land at home. It sounds a bit scary -- but it worked smooth as butter for us and it was SO nice to spend our last morning on the ship, and our tour of Oahu, with only a couple of pieces of carry-on to worry about. Plus, it saves time at check-in at the airport.

Your luggage will be taken off the ship whether you use Easy-Fly or not, unless you use Express Debarkation. If you choose that option, make sure that you have enough people to handle all of your luggage yourselves -- there are no porters, carts, etc. Otherwise, you will receive color-coded luggage tags on the last night and will put them on your "big" luggage and leave it in the hallway by the time stated in the Freestyle Daily. It will be taken off the ship and you will collect it at the pier, then transport it to the airport via your chosen transportation method.

The reason Easy Fly is so popular (even though at $20 per person it's spendy) is that once you stick your big bags out with their tags in the hallway, your luggage is collected, transported to the airport (NOT weighed!), and put on the plane to your home airport -- you don't see it at all from the night you put it out until you land at home. It sounds a bit scary -- but it worked smooth as butter for us and it was SO nice to spend our last morning on the ship, and our tour of Oahu, with only a couple of pieces of carry-on to worry about. Plus, it saves time at check-in at the airport.

MichellP - I really have enjoyed (and appreciate) all of your great posts about your POH cruise. We are leaving on Monday and I do have a question (or maybe more) about the Easy Fly program. There are four of us going, two adults and two teenagers (we have two cabins). We are only going to have 3 or 4 large pieces of luggage - would we have to pay $80.00 for this service, or do you think we could just sign up for it for two of us? $80.00 just sounds like an awful lot of money - considering some people have more than one piece of luggage each! We have a 3:55 p.m. flight and are hoping to catch an early taxi as soon as we get off the ship and head out to Pearl Harbor. We will have carryons with us, but I understand there is somewhere to check them there. By using the Easy Fly program I believe we can then just walk off the ship with our carry ons and go! That will probably be the only way we will make it to Pearl Harbor, and then back to the airport by 2:00.

Sorry to babble - just so many things going through my head!:rolleyes:

• Administrators
MichellP - I really have enjoyed (and appreciate) all of your great posts about your POH cruise. We are leaving on Monday and I do have a question (or maybe more) about the Easy Fly program. There are four of us going, two adults and two teenagers (we have two cabins). We are only going to have 3 or 4 large pieces of luggage - would we have to pay $80.00 for this service, or do you think we could just sign up for it for two of us? $80.00 just sounds like an awful lot of money - considering some people have more than one piece of luggage each! We have a 3:55 p.m. flight and are hoping to catch an early taxi as soon as we get off the ship and head out to Pearl Harbor. We will have carryons with us, but I understand there is somewhere to check them there. By using the Easy Fly program I believe we can then just walk off the ship with our carry ons and go! That will probably be the only way we will make it to Pearl Harbor, and then back to the airport by 2:00.

Sorry to babble - just so many things going through my head!:rolleyes:

Oh absolutely just sign up two people for Easy Fly, and use the four tags you will receive on your four biggest pieces! You will receive two tags for each of the people you sign up -- and you have the chance to name who they are when you fill out the sign up forms. That will cut your cost to $40, and you can use the rest for the cab (yes cab) I recommend you take to Pearl Harbor ASAP on debarkation day in order to tour the Memorial and get to the airport in advance of a 2:00 flight. :)

Just bear in mind the possibility (slim, but it's there) that one of the people you name (and it doesn't matter who among your party you choose for Easy Fly; it's just whoever has ID to present to the embarkation desk like you would at the airport) may NOT be approved for Easy Fly. That seems to happen if someone has been randomly selected for a security check of baggage, which is TSA-controlled, not NCL. IF that happens to you, have a backup plan -- I believe www.gorabbitgo.com has Pearl tours from the ship, dropping at the airport, that have room under the bus for big bags.

Hope that's a bit of help, have a fabulous trip (I'm jealous -- on Monday I'll be in my classroom, getting ready for the next school year!), and mahalo for your kind comments! :)

Since there are 5 of us (5 x $20 = $100) and we are planning to carry only one luggage per person, I think between 3 big boys they can handle the luggages.

Can you explain little more on the Express Debarkation? If we choose Express Debarkation, we don't need color-coded luggage tags? We can keep the luggage with us overnight/the whole time with us and carry them off the ship ourselves?

Thank you so much for all your help.

• Administrators
Since there are 5 of us (5 x $20 = $100) and we are planning to carry only one luggage per person, I think between 3 big boys they can handle the luggages.

Can you explain little more on the Express Debarkation? If we choose Express Debarkation, we don't need color-coded luggage tags? We can keep the luggage with us overnight/the whole time with us and carry them off the ship ourselves?

Thank you so much for all your help.

Correct, if you choose the express option, you keep the luggage with you always, no color-coded tags, but have to haul it off the ship with you. With your three big guys, I think you are in good shape! I know you are looking at post-cruise excursions (because of a late flight) -- just make sure in advance with Roberts or whoever that there's room on their bus for your large luggage and you should be good to go! :) Have a great trip, Alikim -- you have done SO much research I'm sure it will be wonderful!

alikim-

We were on the PoH July 2-9. We did the Express walk-off. The reason we decided to do this is because of a past cruise on Carnival and how long it took us to find our luggage! The PoH luggage for those using the regular put it outside your door before midnight was very organized- and very little luggage was lined up on the pier! It appeared that many people used the Easy Fly option or the express walk-off.

The way express works is simple. You do not put your luggage out the night before- just take it with you whenever you are ready to leave! We got up- had breakfast, cruised around the ship for some last minute pictures. And then left about 9:15. A bit of trouble getting an elevator- but all in all was great. We were glad we did express because we were going directly to the airport (were on Hawaiian air- couldn't do easy-fly) and would have had to re-pack the toiletries.

-JCin CA

Thank you MichellP and JC.

Just in case we do buy last minute gifts (such as pineapple dressing and BBQ we've been talking about) on our last day excursion, I want to able to open up the luggage and put them in the luggage.

It helps so much to have all the information ahead of time so that I don't have spend time asking questions on the ship.

JC, where did you take your flight? Noticed you are from CA? Did you use LAX?

Did you do review on this board? Don't remember if I read it or not. Did you take any excursions? If you did, how were they?

alikim-

We were on the PoH July 2-9. We did the Express walk-off. The reason we decided to do this is because of a past cruise on Carnival and how long it took us to find our luggage! The PoH luggage for those using the regular put it outside your door before midnight was very organized- and very little luggage was lined up on the pier! It appeared that many people used the Easy Fly option or the express walk-off.

The way express works is simple. You do not put your luggage out the night before- just take it with you whenever you are ready to leave! We got up- had breakfast, cruised around the ship for some last minute pictures. And then left about 9:15. A bit of trouble getting an elevator- but all in all was great. We were glad we did express because we were going directly to the airport (were on Hawaiian air- couldn't do easy-fly) and would have had to re-pack the toiletries.

-JCin CA

alikim-

We flew out of San Jose- we live very near that airport. I have tons of notes from our trip- but haven't gotten them into a review yet- it is on my list!

We had 2 teenagers with us- we did not take any excursions- instead we rented a car in each port and did what the girls wanted to do- which meant find a beach! They took surf lessons on Maui, we went to Volcano National Park and stopped at Akaka Falls. We went to a number of different beaches on all of the islands. Our favorite- not on the cruise- but pre-cruise on Oahu was Bellows Beach. A week or two after we got home there was a news story about a shark attack- we said- hmm- that beach looks familiar- it was Bellows!

-JCinCA

What kinda irks me is that with the EasyFly program, they limit it to only certain airlines. You figure with traveling out to Hawaii they would use Hawaiian Airlines! =P Oh well, here's to lugging around my bags for a few hours.

We just returned....did not do easy fly it was $20.00 per person

We sat our luggage out night before but kept one small suitcase with us.

then we just claimed our luggage got in line for the transp. provided by NCL to the airport. They load your luggage on the bus and you get it off the bus at the airport and take it in or use a porter.....was very easy to do ourselves...

Have a great time!

Archived