Formal nights schedule

JRWLOBO

If you know how long the cruise you want is in total number of days, you can find out how many formal nights you will have on the celebrity website. You can find that info in the FAQ section. BTW, if you call customer service be careful on packing with thier advice on total formal nights. Myself and another passenger were both told by seperate customer service reps (I was told by 2 different reps on 2 seperate occasions) there were only 2 formal nights on our 10 day Galaxy Med. Cruise. On the ship however we discovered there were 3 nights ... just like the website says.

Have fun

We've found you can get a lot of different answers from people who have taken the same itinerary through messages here on Cruise Critic, or by trying to contact Celebrity. But we've also found a couple cases where they have made changes that you just don't know about until you get on the ship. So the final answer will be printed on the front of the initial daily bulletin waiting for you in your stateroom when you embark.

The Celebrity website and brochures indicate the number of formal nights for cruises of different lengths. This seldom changes, although I recall reading at least one posting where it did. Also, you'll almost always find that the first Formal night is the second night of the cruise (first full day) and the last is the second to last dinner - but there are occasional exceptions to these as well.

It seems many (relax, not all) X cruises have a schedule that starts & ends similar.

Depart (casual)

Sea (Formal)

xxx

xxx

xxx

xxx (Formal & midnight buffet)

xxx (casual)

return

I have had Formal nights on both port and sea days and informal night (one of 4 on a 14 day cruise) on a port we were at until 11:00 PM (made it hard to hop back on the ship to eat). On a 7 day carribean I expected 3 casual, 2 informal and 2 formal as indicated on the web site but ended up with 2 casual and 3 informal.

On my 14 night cruise there were 3 formal nights but I used 1 dress twice. Nobody cares if you wear the same thing over again. But, you will get dirty looks if you under dress.

Archived