Is there an advantage to onboard booking?

HokiePoq

I've read several posters saying they booked the next cruise onboard. Do you generally get good rates that way? Are there other advantages?

We didn't talk to the rep when we took our first cruise in June and I'd like to know before our next. Our nature is to make comparisons first...but maybe there's a price guarantee???

TIA to all

There's always a price guarantee when you book a cruise, and put down a deposit, no matter where you book that cruise. If the price goes up, your old price is locked in. The advantage to booking on board is some cruise lines will give you money off your cruise to book on board. On Crystal, the onboard booking credit can be as high as $300. On Celebrity we got $150 off our cruise when we booked on board. And, they don't give deep discounts on cruise fare when you book on board---usually only a dollar amount.

I've read several posters saying they booked the next cruise onboard. Do you generally get good rates that way? Are there other advantages?

We didn't talk to the rep when we took our first cruise in June and I'd like to know before our next. Our nature is to make comparisons first...but maybe there's a price guarantee???

TIA to all

When u book a next cruise, u can leave it as an open booking (not a specific sail date) The advantages are: 1. u can hold a cabin for a mere $100 deposit and 2. you get an OBC. 3. then u can wait to book a specific sailing within the next 4 years so u can look for the best deal. To my knowledge there is no discount rate u get by booking a specific cruise while onboard. It is for the other benefits i just mentioned.:)

Archived