19 more days until my excursions pop up!!

seminolepharmd

This probably sounds silly, but I have only been on one cruise but my favorite part of it was definitely the excursions we took at each port! I am 199 days away from my second cruise and I check every single day just in case the excursion list pops up!! I can't wait! :D

Since you've cruised before, you might want to check out the destinations boards and research some good excursions that you can book on your own and not rely on Carnival sponsored excursions.

The boards will recommend some very competent tour companies that most experienced cruisers use. By booking your own excursion you'll save lots of $$$ and won't be dealing with the huge crowds on Carnival tours.

Good luck!

Our first cruise is in Jan. I have seen some of info on the independent excursion companies. How is the transfer to and from the dock with the nonCarnival companies? At first I thought it seemed more "safe" to book with Carnival, in the case that we were late to the dock or late coming back from the excursion. I am rethinking things now because I am reading most people saying that the independent excursions are the wat to go.

This probably sounds silly, but I have only been on one cruise but my favorite part of it was definitely the excursions we took at each port! I am 199 days away from my second cruise and I check every single day just in case the excursion list pops up!! I can't wait! :D

What are your ports?

When booking an excursion with a non-Carnival company, it's best to check out the reviews on the destinations board. You want to do a little research and make sure that they're highly recommended by CC members.

The excursions that I've booked for my family have been AWESOME! Usually it's just my family of 4 and another couple or family. We've saved hundreds of dollars and don't have to deal with the waiting that comes with Carnival tours.

Usually the tour operators pick us up just outside the port terminal, or you might have to take a taxi to them.

I thought it was 6 months, however I am sailing on 1/13/08 on the Conquest and still only show the Galveston shore excursions only. :confused:

I've read on a thread on here that usually excursions will show up 180 days prior to your cruise. Hopefully yours will show up soon! :)

Our ports are ...

Belize

Costa Maya

Cozumel

Grand Cayman

:D

We're going to Belize in December, and we're going to do a cave tubing tour with an independent tour operator - check the Belize board for more information on cave tubing.

In Grand Cayman, if you haven't done a stingray tour, you definitely should. And again, I highly recommend visiting the port boards for current recommendations on tour operators. We saved over 50% by booking independently, and our tour was much less crowded than the ship tours.

Cozumel - two words - Paradise Beach!

Costa Maya - this is a great port for relaxing on the beach and having a nice meal. Take the bus into Majahual and visit the Cat's Meow or one of the other beach restaurants - or indulge your more adventurous side and join the Hole in the Fence Club (see the Costa Maya board for details). If you are interested in touring the ruins, there are some great independent tour guides you can pre-book or pay for right at the port.

Have a great time! We'll be in Cozumel and Costa Maya next month, and while we've been there many times before we always look forward to both ports.

I've read on a thread on here that usually excursions will show up 180 days prior to your cruise. Hopefully yours will show up soon! :)

We're 156 days out from our next cruise and Carnival hasn't opened up their excursions for us yet. I think it's delayed when you're sailing in a different year (in this case, when you're sailing in 2008). Carnival has to get in contact with the excursion companies and agree on prices, times, what's offered, etc. They do that every year, from what I've read, so until everything is settled and signed...they don't open them up.

I could be wrong, of course.....but based on what I've read over the years and what my PVP has told me, that's correct. If someone else knows something different, I'm sure they'll correct me. :D

No, you're right gumballz. Until all the contracts are renegotiated and signed, they won't show up yet. We're under 180 days too, and nothing for us either. Plus, they can add more even after the initial list appears. We had this happen last time. We were told one particular excursion wasn't going to be offered, so we picked one we weren't as crazy about. Got on the ship, and sure enough, there it was being offered after all. It shouldn't be too much longer I wouldn't think.

In Belize, take a tour with "Nacho and Cynthia". They are AWESOME and will tailor their tour to do whatever you want to do. We went to the rainforest and did the zip-line and cave tubing. There were only 7 of us and we were the first ones to the zip-line facility and didn't have to wait in lines. When we were leaving, a cruise ship group showed up and the line was 150 people long.

You'll find info on Nacho and Cynthia on the Belize board.

Also, I second the motion for Paradise Beach in Cozumel!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived