Entertainment now on Century?

hcat

Can anyone tell me what the entertainment offerings are now on Century, in the theater, musical groups , Michael's, aft bar etc. We cruise on 9/21 so we'd like to know if anything special lies ahead!

We just came back from a 12-day-cruise on the Century.

In the theater, they had each night a performance which usually started after dinner (that meant 10:50 p.m. for the late seating). 3 times there was a musical production show, once a male singer, once a female singer, once a comedian...

In the Cova café, there is live music from 5 p.m. - a string quartett or a guitar player.

In the lounges, there is live music especially between 7:00 and 8:00 - a piano player/singer in Michael's Club (who also performs between 10:00 p.m. and midnight), a jazz trio playing dance music (slow fox, quicktstep) in the rendevouz court and on some nights a party band playing in the Crystal Room (otherwise there are musicians from the big band).

The Sunset Bar is the outside bar, there rarely is live music. It ist popular during the day when the sun is shining. On our Baltic cruise, the evenings were too cold, but in the Caribbean it might be THE place to spend the evening...

The Hemisphere Lounge is the disco place on the ship.

The good thing is that almost all lounges (except the Hemisphere) are on one deck, so it is easily wander and see what's going on.

For me, the Century is THE ship with the most beautiful bars - the Martini Bar (albeit without live music) and Michael's Club make a beatiful contrast - side by side.

Enjoy!

OK... I'll do my best... the pianist was Avnar Arad, the comedian Rich Ceisler, then there was an action comedian called 'The Ladder Guy' (I forgot his real name), a wonderful singer from London's West End called Jacky Scott and finally multi-instrumentalist Mark Donaghue. In addition, there were 3 production shows.

Cheers -

Floris

Archived