Bumper Sticker/ Decal

Piton1

I think that the library store had some decals, but I'm not sure.

After your question is answered (or not) we might have fun composing bumper stickers for Cunard.

Paul (seems to be a popular first name around here)

This may sound crass, but do they sell bumper stickers or decals in the gift shop onboard? Paul

Dear Paul,

Unfortuately, Cunard ships do not sell bumper stickers or window decals as such.

Each ship does have what is called their Logo Shops that contain many items to wear, china, crystal, pens, etc.. in these shops.

They may sell a small sticker like they use to put on traveling trunks with the name of the ship and image of it.

Sorry, Cunard Lines runs a class act and do not support those items.

Dear Paul,

Unfortuately, Cunard ships do not sell bumper stickers or window decals as such.

Each ship does have what is called their Logo Shops that contain many items to wear, china, crystal, pens, etc.. in these shops.

They may sell a small sticker like they use to put on traveling trunks with the name of the ship and image of it.

Sorry, Cunard Lines runs a class act and do not support those items.

It really is difficult to see Cunard as a "class act" when in the logo stores, or indeed the shops in general on Queen Elizabeth 2.

Matthew

This may sound crass, but do they sell bumper stickers or decals in the gift shop onboard? Paul

Dear Paul,

Also thinking about your request, bumper stickers or decals in the US is a form of additional advertising for the experience you have partaken in. I know Six Flags and the Theme Parks in Fla appreciate your free ads on the window or rear bumper.

There are other items that you can get to remember that can be based in your home as a conversation piece also. We like to obtain a small items to remember our stops or islands we like to visit. We even have a old herb jar type of wall rack with different shelves, that we place our items on that reflects many, many years of travel. It is interesting to look back at them and recall those experiences on that visit. Sort of a visible album.

Hope you find whatever you are searching for, for that Memory Picture you are trying to create.

Happy sailing...

Dear Paul,

Also thinking about your request, bumper stickers or decals in the US is a form of additional advertising for the experience you have partaken in. I know Six Flags and the Theme Parks in Fla appreciate your free ads on the window or rear bumper.

There are other items that you can get to remember that can be based in your home as a conversation piece also. We like to obtain a small items to remember our stops or islands we like to visit. We even have a old herb jar type of wall rack with different shelves, that we place our items on that reflects many, many years of travel. It is interesting to look back at them and recall those experiences on that visit. Sort of a visible album.

Hope you find whatever you are searching for, for that Memory Picture you are trying to create.

Happy sailing...

Ed,

We use a Thule on top of Paul's car when we go on holidays that involve driving, and we're on a mission (the children and I) to cover it with decals from our travels. We got a new one yesterday, and it inspired him to wish to have Cunard decals on the thing, too. See? Now he's joined the mission. :)

We're really not much for souvenirs or knick knacks--the rule is it has to be something actually used or, in the case of the decals, not sitting around catching dust.

Ed,

We use a Thule on top of Paul's car when we go on holidays that involve driving, and we're on a mission (the children and I) to cover it with decals from our travels. We got a new one yesterday, and it inspired him to wish to have Cunard decals on the thing, too. See? Now he's joined the mission. :)

We're really not much for souvenirs or knick knacks--the rule is it has to be something actually used or, in the case of the decals, not sitting around catching dust.

Angela,

I'd have thought wine bottle labels might be more your style - you know the message "Drinking around the World".........

Matthew :D

Ed, We use a Thule on top of Paul's car when we go on holidays that involve driving, and we're on a mission (the children and I) to cover it with decals from our travels. We got a new one yesterday, and it inspired him to wish to have Cunard decals on the thing, too. See? Now he's joined the mission. :)

Dear Angela,

Now I understand your mission and still wish you good luck.

Many times the Gift Shops onboard will add things that they have obtained new and you maybe surprised and find something.

The only way you can really find a decal of Cunard is on one of those plastic models like the old military plane kits you use to build as kids. Of course, that decal will only be ask big as 1/4 of you pinky nail. Way too small.

Maybe Paul is right. Maybe it's time to develop a custom bumper sticker. You the kind, "My Other Yacht Is The QM2". (LOL)!

Also, you are right. You should see my wife dust all those little trinkets we've collected. But it's nice to look back while planning and anticipating the next cruise.

I know Paul & I wish you Good Sailing... Keep Cool Today!

ESLO,

As we are currently in northern Vermont, heat and humidity have not been a problem.:D We were kayaking today (singles) on Lake Eden. While partaking in this activity I had time to think about our upcoming voyages and had several thoughts which I will post as separate questions in the future. Getting back to the topic at hand, I would also like the sticker/decal for a steamer chest that we have. :)

Paul

ESLO, As we are currently in northern Vermont, heat and humidity have not been a problem.:D We were kayaking today (singles) on Lake Eden. While partaking in this activity I had time to think about our upcoming voyages and had several thoughts which I will post as separate questions in the future. Getting back to the topic at hand, I would also like the sticker/decal for a steamer chest that we have. :) Paul

Hi Paul,

First, sorry you are still batting 0 on the decal issue. As I know, decals are not longer used as in the past. So sorry that nostalgia is gone. After our personal cruising history, you can imagine what my luggage would look like. But maybe they stopped it due to cost or maybe damage to now a days expensive luggage. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Second, I think I know where you are visiting. We spend alot of my childhood in Vermont. Mostly around for vacations. We spend time in Rutland, Bennington, Castleton, Proctor and visited and honeymooned in Stowe many years ago. That is very close to where you are now.

We stay in Stowe Vermont at the Trapp Family Lodge with the orginal Von Trapp family of the Sound of Music fame when most were alive.

Enjoy your trip.

Angela,

I'd have thought wine bottle labels might be more your style - you know the message "Drinking around the World".........

Matthew :D

Ha! I tried once, perhaps twice, to get a wine label off the bottle. The result was a little heap of paper pulp. As Paul said elsewhere, think of the Thule as a steamer trunk of sorts.

If we ever try again and should a label come off properly, it will inaugurate "Drinking Around The World". :p

We kayaked most of the morning and afternoon and I'm tired now. And BIL and SIL and Little Nephews are coming up tomorrow to stay for a few days. So if you don't hear from me for a while, know that I'm thinking fondly of all of you but can't say so again because my laptop had to be hidden away and attending to guests comes first. Sigh...Being in demand is so, well, demanding. :D

ESLO,

We drive by the Trapp Lodge on the way to our destination.

Paul

And we kept driving, just the other day. Good thing I was there to point you in the right direction, or the hills would be alive with you calling out for help. ;)

And we kept driving, just the other day. Good thing I was there to point you in the right direction, or the hills would be alive with you calling out for help. ;)

You know that the 'Sound of Music' is a favorite of mine.:eek:

Ha! I tried once, perhaps twice, to get a wine label off the bottle. The result was a little heap of paper pulp. As Paul said elsewhere, think of the Thule as a steamer trunk of sorts.

If we ever try again and should a label come off properly, it will inaugurate "Drinking Around The World". :p

Angela,

Might I recommend the label saver from wineenthusiast.com? It actually works pretty well. (I just love abetting people in their vices!;) )

Julia

wls.jpg.3e6373d407ec86608e9523f6e5b2c8c1.jpg

Stubbie holders. We call them coozies. Beer cookies., or drink coozies.

As much as I was enjoing the squabble between Angela and Paul, Ihave tried for the last three days to respond. Something in my ofice doesn't like their thread. I would click on the thread, ot would show, finish loading and go to page cannot be displayed, or I'd click replay and it would say page cannot be displayed DNS error! This happened from two office on two different lans on two different WANS!

anyway, Iwas going to tell you to run over to Essex or to Cabot to my favorite palece in the Universe, the Cabot store! (C-H-E-E-S-E- said dreamily like Homer Simpson with donuts!) I usually earn at least two cards per visit (You now, get a punch with ten dollars purchase) They see me coming! the one in Essex is better than the one over East. <sigh> I am suddenly craving some cheese!

Hope your kayaking was fun.

Karie,

who will have another fun night at work tonight, and turn 53 somewhere in the middle!

Ha! I tried once, perhaps twice, to get a wine label off the bottle. The result was a little heap of paper pulp.

Labels from bottles of beer come off easily, and once applied to another flat surface and allowed to dry are a beast to get off again! (except if applied to Jeans though, but that is a different story ;) )

I will peel one off my bottle out of Hyacinth and mail it to you. All you will have to do is wet the back of it and stick it on the thule!

Beer references and uses for same seem to have a habit of following me around.

You can make your own sticky label. Print what ever you want on self-adhesive paper, cut it out and slap it on. If you want it water proof you can spritz it with a dry silicon spray after you have adhered it. Or print it on vinyl label paper that is available from most office supply stores.

You could also save your design as a photo and print it out on water proof photo paper/ink and use a spray adhesive to put it on...whatever.

This way you can put WHATEVER you want on your luggage/car/door. Print out a bumper sticker that has a picture of your Great Aunt Ruth and the words, "Have you seen this person? If you have then ghosts are real!" Of course, only if Great Aunt Ruth had the kind of sense of humor that would have approved of that sort of thing.

You can make your own sticky label. Print what ever you want on self-adhesive paper, cut it out and slap it on. If you want it water proof you can spritz it with a dry silicon spray after you have adhered it. Or print it on vinyl label paper that is available from most office supply stores.

You could also save your design as a photo and print it out on water proof photo paper/ink and use a spray adhesive to put it on...whatever.

This way you can put WHATEVER you want on your luggage/car/door. Print out a bumper sticker that has a picture of your Great Aunt Ruth and the words, "Have you seen this person? If you have then ghosts are real!" Of course, only if Great Aunt Ruth had the kind of sense of humor that would have approved of that sort of thing.

The ship's bookstore does sell reproductions of vintage luggage stickers (at least it did last time I was on QE2), so you could scan one of those and print it on the sticky label paper.

Kathy

A container, usually made from a wetsuit type of material, that you can place your 600ml bottle of beer in to keep it cool while you drink.

Not sure if they make one big enough for Hyacinth though.

I know I'm rather late with this, Kaz, but we have a stubbie holder at home that's shaped a bit like a t-shirt. Want that one in the package with the fancy QM2 gift?

:p

Angela,

Might I recommend the label saver from wineenthusiast.com? It actually works pretty well. (I just love abetting people in their vices!;) )

Julia

Julia,

I have seen such a thing, but can't imagine how it would work! Obviously I am thinking in terms of my own inability...:p

We have recently acquired a bottle of wine that has a label you all will enjoy seeing, but only when the time is right......

Archived