Just Back from Enchantment

We just got home from the 5-day Enchantment (Key West, Cozumel, Belize). We had the best time! I'm having serious post cruise blues at the moment!

In Key West we did the trolley tour, the butterfly conservatory, hemmingway house and of course shopped! In Cozumel we did a private tour of the island. It was awesome. We ate at a little place called Playa Bonita. Live music and great food. In Belize we did a private tour of Altun Ha. The weather was perfect every day!

The food was good on the cruise. We went to Chops one night. Stayed awake for the Gala Buffet. Ate too much but enjoyed all of it!

I thought the shows were great. The Drifters performed and were so good.

I am happy to answer any questions!

We just got home from the 5-day Enchantment (Key West, Cozumel, Belize). We had the best time! I'm having serious post cruise blues at the moment!

In Key West we did the trolley tour, the butterfly conservatory, hemmingway house and of course shopped! In Cozumel we did a private tour of the island. It was awesome. We ate at a little place called Playa Bonita. Live music and great food. In Belize we did a private tour of Altun Ha. The weather was perfect every day!

The food was good on the cruise. We went to Chops one night. Stayed awake for the Gala Buffet. Ate too much but enjoyed all of it!

Who is the cruise director right now? Did you have concierge lounge access or do you know anything about who the current concierge is?

We did the exact same cruise back in March and it was the best cruise we've done in ages. Enchantment is the perfect size ship for us and the crew are all great. Took our DD and family on the Sovereign week before last (their first cruise) and there was no comparision to the Enchantment. Unfortunately they didn't have the time to do anything longer than a 4 day. Now if we could just get mommabean to let RCCL move the Enchantment to either Tampa or PT. Canaveral, all would be right in the world. Don't think she will let go of her favorite ship though and I don't blame her!:D

Tanker 4

Mark is the cruise director. We thought he was funny! Bing Bong!

On the last night our tablemates took us into the concierge lounge. Don't worry all those people who get so mad that those of us who aren't supposed to be there are. We didn't eat or drink anything....I was just curious as to what it looked like so they let us poke our heads in. I did meet the concierge but can't remember his name...it wasn't the famous Julian I've read so much about though.

Mark is the cruise director. We thought he was funny! Bing Bong!

On the last night our tablemates took us into the concierge lounge. Don't worry all those people who get so mad that those of us who aren't supposed to be there are. We didn't eat or drink anything....I was just curious as to what it looked like so they let us poke our heads in. I did meet the concierge but can't remember his name...it wasn't the famous Julian I've read so much about though.

Did anyone mention if Mark is going on vacation soon? Or did they mention if Julian is coming back soon? You cruisers should be just a little more nosey. :) ;)

We did the exact same cruise back in March and it was the best cruise we've done in ages. Enchantment is the perfect size ship for us and the crew are all great. Took our DD and family on the Sovereign week before last (their first cruise) and there was no comparision to the Enchantment. Unfortunately they didn't have the time to do anything longer than a 4 day. Now if we could just get mommabean to let RCCL move the Enchantment to either Tampa or PT. Canaveral, all would be right in the world. Don't think she will let go of her favorite ship though and I don't blame her!:D

Tanker 4

You DID read that against my wishes not only are they moving Enchantment of the Seas but they are moving her to Panama. :eek: If they had moved her to Tampa or PC, I'd have been content. Of course, I'm more inclined to follow Julian to whatever ship he is on. I sure can't wait to find out the truth of what's really happening with Julian.

Gina

Mommabean...

I tried to be nosey! :) Next time I'll ask more questions! We talked to Mark for a little while after the Name that TV Tune trivia. He didn't mention having an upcoming vacation. I asked the gentleman in the concierge lounge where Julian was...he just smiled and said vacation but didn't elaborate. I can't wait until I have enough cruises under my belt to really go and enjoy the lounge. It was awesome.

You DID read that against my wishes not only are they moving Enchantment of the Seas but they are moving her to Panama. :eek: If they had moved her to Tampa or PC, I'd have been content. Of course, I'm more inclined to follow Julian to whatever ship he is on. I sure can't wait to find out the truth of what's really happening with Julian.

Gina

I did know that she's moving to Panama and really hate that. We're going to try the Granduer this Dec when she comes to Tampa and hope that she lives up to her sister.

Tanker 4

Mommabean...

I tried to be nosey! :) Next time I'll ask more questions! We talked to Mark for a little while after the Name that TV Tune trivia. He didn't mention having an upcoming vacation. I asked the gentleman in the concierge lounge where Julian was...he just smiled and said vacation but didn't elaborate. I can't wait until I have enough cruises under my belt to really go and enjoy the lounge. It was awesome.

You tried. I give you credit for that. :) I'm sure I'd enjoy and CL but I'm also sure some are more fun than others. I would not hesitate to guess that the Enchantment CL is at the top of the list.

Gina

I did know that she's moving to Panama and really hate that. We're going to try the Granduer this Dec when she comes to Tampa and hope that she lives up to her sister.

Tanker 4

At least Tampa has a ship, unlike New Orleans which previously had the Grandeur. Since she has been stretched, Enchantment should really be considered a class by herself. I suspect as long as you don't really try to compare Grandeur to Enchantment, you will be happy with her. I happen to love Chops, the CL and Julian - all 3 - on Enchantment so I'd have a hard time liking Grandeur as much. Or maybe not, since I also happen to love the fun little Majesty of the Seas which has none of those 3 things.

I'm suddenly feeling the urge to book a cruise on Majesty. :D

I feel your sorrow. I just got back from the same cruise. It was my second cruise and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED it! I see you have another cruise planned, you are lucky, I haven't planned another one yet and don't know when I will. We did have PERFECT weather, and everything about the vacation was spectacular. Don't be sad it's over, smile because it happened!:rolleyes:

This is our route on 8/27! Our first cruise and I am sooo counting down the days! Is there lobster on any of the nights? I hardly ever eat seafood and that would be a real treat!

Yes, they do have lobster on the five night cruise.

Tanker 4

Thanks for trying to find out the scoop on Julian. I'll keep following

your posts as I'm confidant you get the info sooner or later.

But, I do think I'll be cancelling my cruise for Sept "08. My friends

that we wanted to go with can't take the time off of work and I

couldn't justify paying that much for our room just for the two of us.

Although I know you would have been happy to be our closest

friend:D . We also have no firm info on Julian's whereabouts for

that far out and he is a big part of why we would do that ship. But I do still have the RS still on deposit just because

I can't bear to give it up:(

Anita

We did Chops the second night and our tablemates said we missed a really great dinner! I wish I could have eaten more! I would have gone to Chops AND the dining room :) Lobster night was Thursday. I think everyone at our table ended up eating two lobster tails.

Reebay: You're right! I'm going to just be happy I got to go. And I have my millions of pictures to remind me!

Are you sure Lobster night was Thurs?? We were on this same itenairy in May & I'm sure it was Friday night... we ate in Chops Thurs night & I know we didn't miss lobster night......

Loved the Enchantment and sure hate to see her moving!

Thanks for trying to find out the scoop on Julian. I'll keep following

your posts as I'm confidant you get the info sooner or later.

But, I do think I'll be cancelling my cruise for Sept "08. My friends

that we wanted to go with can't take the time off of work and I

couldn't justify paying that much for our room just for the two of us.

Although I know you would have been happy to be our closest

friend:D . We also have no firm info on Julian's whereabouts for

that far out and he is a big part of why we would do that ship. But I do still have the RS still on deposit just because

I can't bear to give it up:(

Anita

I understand...you KNOW I do. Let's just keep something in the future in mind. Where he goes, we will follow. Even if it's got to be something in Sept '09 in order to grab the best possible price since it will be a booking well in advance at the cheapest cruising time of year. Maybe by then your friends will be able to get the time off. I'll make every effort to be right there with you. It would be great to go on a Julian of the Seas cruise with you no matter which ship he may be on.

If I find out anything for sure, I'll contact you directly. I know where to find you.

Gina

Sorry to be a pest... do you happen to know which night? I just dont want to make ressies for Chops that night!

Your best bet is to go directly to Chops when you board and ask them which night is lobster night in the main dining room. I'm sure they hear this question enough and are prepared for it. They will help you.

You can probably even ask your waiter in the dining room on the first night and then make your reservations, although your exact preferred dining time might not be available anymore.

DH and I, along with several of our friends, are doing this exact itinerary in October. We're all so excited!!! I have learned from previous experience the only way to avoid that nasty post-cruise depression is to have another one already booked. And from your signature, it looks like you do! Smart girl!!! So glad you had a great time.

Karen

Archived