Water Taxi to Caye Caulker

ZotBot

Hi,

Can someone please stear me in the right direction as far as where to get the water taxi from the cruise ship dock? Is it a long walk?

How much is it?

Coral Breeze Limited wants $35 roundtrip which I think is a bit much!

Thanks in advance.

we were on the NCL SEA 2 weeks ago and took the water taxi. When you get to the tender pier, walk toward the main building where the exit is, you will walk out the main gate, turn left and it is about a 5 minute walk to the water taxi. There is a guard at the tender pier and he gave me directions.

The people in Belize CIty speak english and are very friendly so you'll have no trouble getting directions.

The cost is $17.50 US per person round trip to Caye Caulker.

Good morning from central Texas,

Thanks for the water taxi info. A few more:

1. Once you take a water taxi to "Caulk" are there "locals" with small boats that will take you to nearby reefs for a little snorkeling?
  2. Can y'all suggest resturants that offer good seafoood (Lobster) lunches that do not cater to the "organized tour" buffets?
  3. Are there any other cayes that can be reached by a water taxi located near the cruise ship terminal?

Please feel free to email: bbgramps69@ix.netcom.com :cool:

Your correct on the amount for R/T. They give you a paper ticket for the return.

The water taxi makes it's stop at Caye Caulker, then goes on to another caye from there. Yes, there are tours you can take from Caye Caulker. We did an awesome shark/ray snorkle with Star Tours. They are on the beach at the Tropics Hotel, about a five minute walk from the water taxi pier. It cost $20 per person and there were only 6 people on the tour so it was great. I found them on the web, do a search for Star Tours Belize and you should be able to find them. There were several other tours right on the beach. Don't have any resturant info, we just did the tour.

Archived