Xpediton - Late November or mid-February

CLOU

I know there have been a lot of posts on this forum about when to go to the Galapagos, and that there are different things in different seasons. I am currently booked way in advance for February, 2009, but am considering changing to Thanksgiving week of 2008. I was looking to see if anyone had any insights on which might be better for viewing particular types of wildlife. My husband does not snorkel, so we would be more interested in things to be seen on land then snorkeling. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I know there have been a lot of posts on this forum about when to go to the Galapagos, and that there are different things in different seasons. I am currently booked way in advance for February, 2009, but am considering changing to Thanksgiving week of 2008. I was looking to see if anyone had any insights on which might be better for viewing particular types of wildlife. My husband does not snorkel, so we would be more interested in things to be seen on land then snorkeling. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Without a doubt November would be better because if you go in February you would not be able to see the Waved Albatross -a definite trip must see on their "Airport" at Espanola.

Also many sea lions will be newborn in November.

Archived