Hotel info in NYC

lukes

We are planning on coming in a day early for our December cruise and would like a recommendation for a good/moderate priced hotel. We have stayed at the Hilton in the past (6th & 54 I believe). A very nice hotel but we are hoping to go less expensive this time around. we do like the Rockerfeller, Times Square area. We realize this area is not cheap, but hopefully you have a good recommendation for us.

I'm trying to find a hotel for our Carnival Miracle cruise May 17, 2008. In one other thread I came across someone mentioning the Holiay Inn at 57th St. and 10th Ave. By the address its 2 blocks over to 12th and two streets down to the piers. That sounds very walkable? Anyone know anything about this hotel and the area?

Thanks Paul:rolleyes:

I'm trying to find a hotel for our Carnival Miracle cruise May 17, 2008. In one other thread I came across someone mentioning the Holiay Inn at 57th St. and 10th Ave. By the address its 2 blocks over to 12th and two streets down to the piers. That sounds very walkable? Anyone know anything about this hotel and the area?

Thanks Paul:rolleyes:

This is a functional hotel that is used a lot. Its in a safe area close to subways(at 57th and 8th avenue)... each numbered street is 1/20 of a mile and each avenue is about 1/10 of a mile...

There are three piers with one Motor entrance

pier 88 at 48th street, pier 90 at 50 th street and pier 92 at 52nd street. The Motor entrance is at 54-55th street these are all at 12th avenue. Do yourself a favor take cab. It won't cost more than $10.00 and will be well worth it to start your vacation.

$300 in December will get you an entry level moderate hotel with a private bath. Anything less and you'll be sharing a bath.

Try these hotels:

The Pod Hotel

www.thePodHotel.com

Apple Core Hotels

www.AppleCoreHotels.com

Milford Plaza

www.MilfordPlaza.com

The Empire Group Hotels

www.NewYorkHotel.com

Radio City Apartments

www.RadioCityApts.com

The Park South Hotel