Lax Marriott Pre Cruise

First of all welcome, and I'm sure that other people will chime in with opinions...

Just so you know, LAX is an extremely inconvenient area if you don't have a car. There is nothing around there (not even decent restaurants in walking distance); so expect to pay for lots and lots of taxis everywhere.

Other thing to think about, since it looks like you are not booked there for about 8 months, so have lots of time to look around and change.

Check out this thread here, to give some ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=517205

It's all hotels and areas that have lots to do and see without having a car...

Then, if you are just staying at Marriott because of points or something, I'd look for one near the other locations mentioned in the above link.

Just ideas to start with...

Hopefully that makes sense.

CJW:D

You definitely need to rent a car or pay a fortune for taxis. The area around LAX is not the best and there is nothing within walking distance. As Curt stated find a hotel that has a better location - you have a lot of choices in the greater LA area.

We stayed at the LAX Marriott for our pre-flight night for our honeymoon in Hawaii. We were dropped off by our limo and took the shuttle for the airport the next morning after continental breakfast. Our one complaint was trying to find something to eat on the room service menu late at night.

Fine for a night if one doesn't plan to go anywhere, but as I'm sure my fellow Angelenos will advise you, you may want to consider another, more convenient to sightseeing area. Or expect to spend a lot of $ on taxis.

I was impressed with the renaissance that has taken place in Long Beach when we spent a day around the port (the Aquarium and Shoreline Village) about a year ago. We even felt safe enough to walk around at dusk between the two locales (but there is a free bus during the day). I've been hearing good things about some of the hotels that are close by (maybe a few miles).

• 1 month later...

Why not stay in Santa Monica or Beverly Hills? What do you want to see? I know when we travel we like to be in an area where there is transportation nearby or there are things in walking distance. Los Angeles is a very spread out city. Tours should be availble from most hotels. Please look into areas where there are restaurants and shops close by.

We have stayed in LAX hotels for business or early AM flights. You will be 'stuck' in the hotel for meals unless you take taxis or rent a car.

Just Having Fun

This is Jan from RI. We are staying at the same hotel precruise for the same cruise to Hawaii. Where can I find the web site for the tours you are talking about? Would appreciate any info you can provide.

Jan

Just Having Fun

This is Jan from RI. We are staying at the same hotel precruise for the same cruise to Hawaii. Where can I find the web site for the tours you are talking about? Would appreciate any info you can provide.

Jan

:cool: hi jan...good to hear from you again..if you go on the lax marriott site and look under things to do they will mention a tour company..i believe it is lasightseeing.net..also..sunshinetours.com..I`ll have to look them up and get back to you a little later..OK :confused: I will get you all the info that I can..pls be patient with me ;)

:cool: hi again molly too.....all right here is a couple of sites you can rec info about la...gocalifornia.about.com/od/calahollywood/hollywood.htm..also lasightseeing.net/rates.shtm...that sunshinetours I gave you is no good...sorry...:o if you are staying at the same marriott what days ?? if you would like some info about how princess handels pre cruise I would be glad to send it to you..:D also have info about all our ports..need them??

BUTCH & MURIEL

:cool: :)

Butch & Muriel - Thanks so much for the info. I will check out these sites.

We will be at the LAX Marriott the nights of 4/14 & 15. Maybe we can look up each other there?????

We are very familiar with how Princess handles pre-cruise arrangements as this is our 5th Princess cruise and we always do their pre-cruise hotel stay. It is usually just for the nigiht before so this is the first time we will be spending 2 days before the cruise.

Thanks again.

Jan

Butch & Muriel

I found a good web site that offers tours. It is Starlite Tours and they pick you up at the hotel. Check it out.

We may or may not take a tour. We are tentatively planning to spend one day with friends of ours that live in the LA area. Nothing definite yet though.

Jan

:D

Sorry - It is Starline Tours not Starlite

tks mully that was the line I was looking for...It was on my dw`s bookmarks and I forgot about it...but we are really looking at some of these tours...seeing we are arriving sunday 4/13 afternoon I guess the best time for the tour will be monday that way we can use tuesday to just lay around the pool and rest up for the big party:eek: now I have to go check out roll calls CU

Archived