In Seward: Where did you spend the night?

Boo's Mom

Where did you spend the night, while in Seward?

I'd love to hear about the place you stayed at...

Would you recommend it?

What were the good apsects?

Not so good aspects?

Thanks...in advance for your comments.

I liked it, very relaxing. It's off the beaten path, but not too off. From my trip review:

Sunday: Seward: Alaska Sea Life Center, Alaska Saltwater Lodge.

Mom and did the express disembarkation and rolled our stuff off the Statendam and into a taxi. Easy as pie.

The taxi took us to the Alaska Saltwater Lodge, our home in the Seward area for the next two nights. This is a lovely place run by lovely people right on the beach at Lowell Point. It was about a10 minute drive from the harbor. The taxi cost us $15 plus tip. After that we took the shuttle back and forth to town from Millers Landing next door. It ran every hour and cost $5 each way.

We could see salmon leaping in the air about 25 yards from our window. Our downstairs room had an incredible view, but lacked a little privacy. You could hear people moving about next door and above. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again, but next time, I’ll try to get one of the upstairs rooms. They served a wonderful continental breakfast in the morning, including a terrific fresh fruit salad. This may not sound like a big deal, but I learned that fresh fruit is very expensive in Alaska. Just like salmon is here.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express using Priority Club points. It was a nice hotel, very clean, great location, decent continental breakfast. The regular prices are pretty high, so we would've stayed somewhere less expensive if we had been paying.

We also stayed at the Alaska Saltwater Lodge and loved it. We had the two upstairs rooms, which are very lovely, private and quiet!

Here's an excerpt from our trip review: "We stayed this night and the next at Alaska Saltwater Lodge. You have to travel about a mile on a dirt road, but what a great place. It is out of Seward a bit and is right on the waters of Resurrection Bay, with mountains all around. Very nice rooms, also. No TV though! YAY! They also provided a very nice (and free) continental breakfast each morning."

Where did you spend the night' date=' while in Seward? [/b']

I'd love to hear about the place you stayed at...

Would you recommend it?

What were the good apsects?

Not so good aspects?

Thanks...in advance for your comments.

We ( 2 grandparents, one parent and 3 teeagers) stayed at the military resort. It was a convenient and clean room with mini-fridge, coffee pot, microwave, iron and ironing board. It has a very nice laundryroom (with foosball table) plus the resort will get discounts on all area tours for you. We were in two motel style rooms, they also have some larger accomodations, but they were booked when we called.

Elsie:cool:

We stayed at the Bell In The Woods B & B in Seward. We had a private bath and a small room upstairs. It was quiet and clean & they served a wonderful breakfast. For a 1 night pre-cruise stay it was fine. If we stay there again, I would probably book a larger room. They have a website where you can look at the propery online. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived