I think I have learned something on these boards.

clerky96

I guess I really started a controversial post here. I was just trying to let people know that if a person is happy with the price they paid, that is what matters. I would love to save money on the cruise, but I didn't plan on that when I booked. I also know the upsell or upgrade fairy will not shine on me (I'm not lucky), but I am perfectly happy with our little (and it looks to be very little) inside cabin. If I didn't care about money I would be cruising in a more expensive cabin. Don't have much money, so we are traveling in the accomodations that we can afford. Looking forward to 9 days in paradise!

Don't worry, you are alright, it's your opinion. My opinion is people must don't care about money and have it to burn if they can get a credit on their cruise and don't want to watch for prices doing down. You are fine, that's your opinion, and mine is what it is also. Have a great trip!

That's okay. If I have learned anything in my 59 years on this earth, it is that everyone has their own opinion about things and no one else is going to change it. We had a wonderful time on our last cruise, and plan to have a great time again. :)

I booked a cruise on NCL Jewel for Feb, 2008. I am very happy with the price that I gave for this cruise. I also shopped around for airfare, and finally got a fare that I was happy with. From this day until the day I cruise, I am not going to look at the price of this cruise, or the price of airfare. That way, I will not be disappointed if either goes down. I am going to just stay in my little world, happy with the prices I received, and not worry about if someone is paying less.

BTW, we are not people that have a lot of money and to whom the cost doesn't matter. It matters a lot, but I would just be upset if I knew the prices went down, so I am going to follow the policy of "what you don't know won't hurt you." I wish the best of luck to everyone that is fighting for a lower fare, but I am going to spend my time researching the ports and tours available.

good for you and I agree 110%. Because I am a TA I have to check once every week or so for my clients. As for myself or my family I normally don't pay much attention. No matter what price you pay, whether you got a AAA discount, a military, know someone who can help you etc, you will find someone who either got a better deal or claims they did.

As long as the price you are paying is within your budget and you are happy with it, find other things to occupy your time, like visiting the ports a call boards or shopping for a few clothes now that the summer is almost over.

Nita

That's okay. If I have learned anything in my 59 years on this earth, it is that everyone has their own opinion about things and no one else is going to change it. We had a wonderful time on our last cruise, and plan to have a great time again. :)

I've been on 12 cruises and have a wonderful time on all of them, otherwise I wouldn't be cruising. Because a price goes down and I don't get it, doesn't ruin my cruise. It's the principle with NCL and what they are doing to people. Other cruise lines have rules, but none have been as bad as what NCL is doing to their customers. It will be the first and the last time I cruise with them, but I will be sure to have a good time, don't worry about that. My family did cancel because of what NCL is doing to people and I feel good for them. There is a reason we can't cancel, or otherwise I probably would.

Archived