I think I have learned something on these boards.

clerky96

I booked a cruise on NCL Jewel for Feb, 2008. I am very happy with the price that I gave for this cruise. I also shopped around for airfare, and finally got a fare that I was happy with. From this day until the day I cruise, I am not going to look at the price of this cruise, or the price of airfare. That way, I will not be disappointed if either goes down. I am going to just stay in my little world, happy with the prices I received, and not worry about if someone is paying less.

BTW, we are not people that have a lot of money and to whom the cost doesn't matter. It matters a lot, but I would just be upset if I knew the prices went down, so I am going to follow the policy of "what you don't know won't hurt you." I wish the best of luck to everyone that is fighting for a lower fare, but I am going to spend my time researching the ports and tours available.

You should be watching the cruise price becasue you can get most discounts (as long as they are not for new bookings only) up until final payment.

I have saved money on my past 2 ncl cruises by checking the price once every week.

My most recent was for Pride of Aloha. I was booked on a balcony for $2600.00 the prices for Inside dropped to $1400.00. To me a balcony cabin is not worth $1200.00. So now I have extra money for excursions.

I wouln't bother looking at the airfare though.

When we booked last year, the price dropped, but we had already paid the final payment. NCL gave us a $100 shipboard credit per person, which we used towards tips, bar bill, etc. It might be worth it to keep an eye on the price and see what you can do. Good Luck,

I would still look just not expect to take advantage of every promotion. I have gotten two different price reductions on my Gem cruise for Oct. I made final last week and stopped looking. I am just waiting for this mysterious upsell fairly to contact me that everyone keeps talking about.

:D Now airlines that is another story. They are all unfair. I demand the best fare on the plane. Booking last minute they kill you. Why should all those that can book six months out get the deals. I remember flying to Europe on business with a $1500 ticket in my pocket, stuffed in a middle seat between two passengers that paid $199. Now that is something to complain about :D

You should be watching the cruise price becasue you can get most discounts (as long as they are not for new bookings only) up until final payment.

I have saved money on my past 2 ncl cruises by checking the price once every week.

My most recent was for Pride of Aloha. I was booked on a balcony for $2600.00 the prices for Inside dropped to $1400.00. To me a balcony cabin is not worth $1200.00. So now I have extra money for excursions.

I wouln't bother looking at the airfare though.

I think a couple of you are missing the valuable point that the OP is trying to make. She is happy with her cruise choice, happy with the price and excited about anticipating and planning her vacation. This, in my humble opinion, is the best and only attitude to take when purchasing anything. If you're pleased with your purchase, just enjoy it and move on. Please don't try to change her attitude by suggesting she do exactly what she said she didn't want to do, that being constantly checking for price drops :) .

I think a couple of you are missing the valuable point that the OP is trying to make. She is happy with her cruise choice, happy with the price and excited about anticipating and planning her vacation. This, in my humble opinion, is the best and only attitude to take when purchasing anything. If you're pleased with your purchase, just enjoy it and move on. Please don't try to change her attitude by suggesting she do exactly what she said she didn't want to do, that being constantly checking for price drops :) .

Couldn't have said it better.

Dianne

The only reason I responded was becasue the OP said "That way, I will not be disappointed if either goes down". She won't be disappointed if the price goes down because most of the time you can get the better price. I think the OP was under the impression that he/she was stuck with the price they got.

The only reason I responded was becasue the OP said "That way, I will not be disappointed if either goes down". She won't be disappointed if the price goes down because most of the time you can get the better price. I think the OP was under the impression that he/she was stuck with the price they got.

OP - "I am very happy with the price that I gave for this cruise."

What gave you the impression that she feels stuck? Please, let it rest, she's not interested in the price drop game.

Never heard the word ``stuck'' in OP's original post at all. Do believe OP said that he/she will be directing time the rest of time after booking to researching ports on the cruise and not spending time on the web seeing who got a better deal.

I commend the OP's attitude and think the thought will be well spent.

Dianne

I don't recall me quoting the word "stuck". It was my interpretation of the what the OP posted. Which I am entitled to. I justed wanted to ensure the OP was aware of all options.

Consider this subject dropped.

I don't recall me quoting the word "stuck". It was my interpretation of the what the OP posted. Which I am entitled to. I justed wanted to ensure the OP was aware of all options.

"I think the OP was under the impression that he/she was stuck with the price they got."

Maybe you've dropped it but, I can't just let that one rest without responding. I guess that is the end of this thread since you've now dropped it :) .

Sorry, it was your interpretation of what others haven't read into OPs post.

Subject is dropped. Just be caref8l how you interpret what others have said in writing.

Dianne

I want to apologize to all that misunderstood that I felt I was "stuck" with the price I paid. I don't feel "stuck", just think the price I gave is fair. I have read where others are upset that their cruise price went down and they are upset that they can't get the reduced fare. I, too, would be upset, so that is why I am not going to even look. I am sooo excited to be going on my 4th cruise. I can hardly wait. Thanks for everyones replies. I understand that others want to keep looking, but I am happy where I am.

I feel by not caring if your price goes up or down, that you don't care about money. It has always been a "told" thing in the cruise industry when you book that if the prices go down, you get the lower price, so many people always watch for that. To me, that's like throwing away money if you don't watch or care.

I feel by not caring if your price goes up or down, that you don't care about money. It has always been a "told" thing in the cruise industry when you book that if the prices go down, you get the lower price, so many people always watch for that. To me, that's like throwing away money if you don't watch or care.

The travel agents may say that, to get you to book a cruise earlier than you wanted, but can you point to where it says that in writing on paper? Look hard and look forever, because it's not on paper.

The travel agents may say that, to get you to book a cruise earlier than you wanted, but can you point to where it says that in writing on paper? Look hard and look forever, because it's not on paper.

That is not true. I just booked a cruise for next year with a different line directly with the cruise line and they specifically brought it to me and told me. So that's a myth. The cruise lines tell you it too.

I LOVE throwing money away! It's so liberating.

Leave this poor OP alone and, for goodness sake, get over it. What you're expressing here is much more than an opinion, it's a judgement - you really have no right.:(

So what? Is it really anyone else's business if the OP is happy to avoid the aggravation of constant checking for price drops?

:rolleyes:

So what? Is it really anyone else's business if the OP is happy to avoid the aggravation of constant checking for price drops?

:rolleyes:

I am expressing my opinion and my opinion is towards anyone that doesn't check if their cruise price down, in my opinion, doesn't care about saving money. Is that so difficult to understand?

I want to apologize to all that misunderstood that I felt I was "stuck" with the price I paid. I don't feel "stuck", just think the price I gave is fair. I have read where others are upset that their cruise price went down and they are upset that they can't get the reduced fare. I, too, would be upset, so that is why I am not going to even look. I am sooo excited to be going on my 4th cruise. I can hardly wait. Thanks for everyones replies. I understand that others want to keep looking, but I am happy where I am.

DH & I are right with you there. We book our cruise when we see a price we can handle. For us the cruise experience is just knowing we are going to be together on a cruise that we agreed we could afford.

Have a great cruise and enjoy life togther.:D

Dianne

I guess I really started a controversial post here. I was just trying to let people know that if a person is happy with the price they paid, that is what matters. I would love to save money on the cruise, but I didn't plan on that when I booked. I also know the upsell or upgrade fairy will not shine on me (I'm not lucky), but I am perfectly happy with our little (and it looks to be very little) inside cabin. If I didn't care about money I would be cruising in a more expensive cabin. Don't have much money, so we are traveling in the accomodations that we can afford. Looking forward to 9 days in paradise! Thanks for the nice comments.

Archived