NCL Pearl, San fransico excursion?

arubacassie

Arubacassie, the Port of San Francisco says the Pearl will dock at Pier 30-32, which is south of the Bay Bridge and about two miles from Pier 33, where the Alcatraz boats depart. There is a Muni lightrail stop right near Pier 30-32. Jump on that and get off at the Embarcadero Station (this will be underground). Walk upstairs to the street level and find your way to the streetcar stop across from the Ferry Building (at the corner of Market and the Embarcadero), which should be about a block (East). The streetcar will take you to Pier 33.

If you like walking, it's a nice walk. And you can stop at the Ferry Building for lunch!

Hope this helps.

There should be plenty of cabs there the day the Pearl docks. Here's the link to the site where you can buy tickets -- http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/website/buy-tickets.aspx. They're not selling September tickets yet, but keep watching and buy them early. Every weekday (8:00 a.m.) I go by the pier where the tour boats depart, and I can't believe the number of people waiting to board.

• 4 weeks later...

What is the best way to get from the dock to Fisherman's Wharf and Downtown Mall - Westview Centre?

Okay, I don't reside in the City of San Francisco I live out in the suburbs. But, I think I know the city somewhat & I'm unfamilar with the "Westview Center" in Sf. I just googled it & nothing came up. I think it may be the shopping center way out near San Francisco State Univ. You'd do much better to head for the Union Sq. area & the Macy's, Nordstoms & small shops nearby which are centrally located. You can reach them easily by cab (short ride) or using Muni.

What is the best way to get from the dock to Fisherman's Wharf and Downtown Mall - Westview Centre?
I'd recommend the Muni F Trolley, which runs from Fisherman's Wharf past many of the piers, then down Market Street. The Westfield Center is on Market near Powell.

http://www.streetcar.org/mim/streetcars/route/index.html

The best way to get from Pier 30/32 to Westfield Center will be to hop on the N-car LRV (outbound). Get off at the Powell St Station. From Westfield to Fisherman's Wharf, go up to Market St and get on the F-line historic streetcar (southside island). Or walk to 3rd St and Market St and hop on the 9X or 30 Stockton.

Archived