Grand Cayman Diving advice

photog4fun

Does anyone know which tour operator used in Grand Cayman for scuba diving? Usually it is cheaper to book privately instead of going on a ship sponsored excursion but apparently not for Grand Cayman. If you don't have your own equipment, rental gear is expensive. Neptunes charges $80 for a 2 tank dive PLUS another $40 for gear rental, or $120 total. This is typical of other dive operators also. Has anyone done a ship sponsored scuba dive. I wonder if it is worth spending an extra $ plus taxi costs to go with a private outfitter. Any suggestions?

I really wanted a private dive tour that did sting rays plus a two tank dive to gorgeous areas. I wish that I could find another 4-6 people to rent a private boat with for Sept. 13th so that we could do it all. Suzanne

Did you definitely want to do the stingrays? The shore diving off of Cayman is fab. When you come off the cruise pier, make a right and walk about 2 blocks or so to a place called Eden Roc I think, or there is Paradise Cove a another block further...just rent what you need and walk right in!!

Anyone know who Disney uses in Grand Cayman?

According to the RedSail web site, they are the contract dive operator for the Disney Cruise Line in Grand Cayman.

In my opinion, there are better choices. I prefer a small number of divers and to be allowed to do my own dive. I don't want to have to follow a guide. Red Sail uses a large pontoon type boat for their west end diving from 7 mile beach. Their diving style is follow the leader, everyone ascends when the first diver gets low on air, which is fine for the typical once a year cruise diver.

Archived