Vegas - Memphis - Orlando Thru Frontier Air

missliad

I am flying from Vegas into Orlando and found a cheap flight that has a layover in Memphis. This is for a December 30 cruise. I have never flown on Frontier Air before and have not flown through Memphis either. Is anyone familiar with this route and/or flying through Memphis in the winter season? Would I be safer (time-wise) in flying Airtran on their Vegas-Atlanta-Orlando route? (Frontier is roughly $50/pp cheaper)

Any feedback is appreciated!

It appears that you are talking about the red-eye from LAS to MEM, connecting there into MCO. Be aware that Frontier (F9) has limited service in/out of MEM, so you have fewer options if there is a mechanical. I wouldn't be that concerned about weather - I'd be more concerned with possible weather issues in DEN or ORD, with DEN affecting the whole F9 operation.

Memphis is a compact airport, and Frontier operates out of a "sleepy" portion of the airport, away from the NW hub operation. It does have great BBQ in the terminal at Interstate BBQ, if you're passing through at an hour when it makes sense to hike over and get some.

Going through ATL on AirTran (FL) would be a more involved connect. Both airlines have very limited to non-existent interline arrangements, though F9 is likely the better of the two on that score (have heard reports of UA/F9 cooperation at DEN).

Given the usual warnings to have backup options, and to not plan to arrive right before boarding the ship, I'd likely say "Go" to the Frontier flights. Actually itinerary would be helpful, if you want to post it.

Archived