I'm Curious

Piton1

about the results of LizCruising2007 age poll. I could't help but notice that 78 percent of the respondents are under the age of 50. What happened to the 'Old Timers'?:confused:

The lack of population above 50 wouldn't have anything to do with the following Bill Bryson excerpt, would it?

" Australia...It has more things that will kill you than anywhere else. Of the world's ten most poisonous snakes, all are Australian. Five of its creatures--the funnel web spider,box jellyfish,blue-ringed octopus,paralysis tick,and stonefish-are the most lethal of their type in the world....If you are not stung or pronged to death in some unexpected manner,you may be fatally chomped by sharks or crocodiles, or carried helplessly out to sea by irresistible currents,or left to stagger to an unhappy death in the baking outback. It's a tough place."

I just can't wait to come and visit.:rolleyes: I hope you are all still ALIVE when I get there.:D

Maybe Carnival doesn't give P&O new ships because they figure the ship will outlive the passenger clientele and in that case who would ever notice that the ship is getting old.:eek: I think you should all protest and just live longer.;)

Paul

Paul

We're made of tough stuff down under, I got the bite marks, the scars, the footless leg and the sting marks to prove it!!! We've got a booming economy here so that would account for baby boomers taking their holidays further afield, the AUD$ is a strong currency at the moment my bet is that USofA and Europe would prove to be a popular destination. We also have the grey nomads, the 55+ who sell up or rent out, pack up thier caravans and take to the road for long periods to hunt down the funnel web spiders and swim with the box jellyfish.

I look forward to your visit down under, let us know when you get here and I'll introduce you to my collection of red back spiders, they're to do for!!

Bill Bryson forgot to mention our sting rays in his list of deadly Aussie creatures. Perhaps he should have also mentioned Vegemite. You HAVE to be Aussie to appreciate good old Vegemite! Somehow or other we all manage to survive living in the Land Down Under. It's tough, but someone's gotta do it ;)

Hi Paul,

We tend to send our 'Olds' over to do the Alaska death run on Princess or to play Bingo on the Cunard boats!!! They deserve to cark it in style after surving all of those Aussie terrors!!

Did the brochures arrive yet Darls??

Kaz

Bingo can be a pretty cut throat game, especially if patrons form an attachment to a particular card and can't get it!:eek:

Brochures haven't come yet:( ,but they will:D

Paul

p.s. -I had to look up 'cark it', thanks for starting that thread

Hi Paul,

between you, Malcolm, SpongeRob and Happyscot I always get a laugh out of your posts :) I'm glad that you've been enticed to come over here and mix with us shark taming, snake wrangling, spider bashing kangaroo eating Aussies !! :p

Aw shucks. I'm touched:)

Paul

about the results of LizCruising2007 age poll. I could't help but notice that 78 percent of the respondents are under the age of 50. What happened to the 'Old Timers'?:confused:

The lack of population above 50 wouldn't have anything to do with the following Bill Bryson excerpt, would it?

" Australia...It has more things that will kill you than anywhere else. Of the world's ten most poisonous snakes, all are Australian. Five of its creatures--the funnel web spider,box jellyfish,blue-ringed octopus,paralysis tick,and stonefish-are the most lethal of their type in the world....If you are not stung or pronged to death in some unexpected manner,you may be fatally chomped by sharks or crocodiles, or carried helplessly out to sea by irresistible currents,or left to stagger to an unhappy death in the baking outback. It's a tough place."

I just can't wait to come and visit.:rolleyes: I hope you are all still ALIVE when I get there.:D

Maybe Carnival doesn't give P&O new ships because they figure the ship will outlive the passenger clientele and in that case who would ever notice that the ship is getting old.:eek: I think you should all protest and just live longer.;)

Paul

Hi ,

These arent dangerous ...you guys have president bush

:confused: Paul - You do not mention what we DON'T have downunder.

Half the population packing guns.

Grizzly bears.

Mountain lions.

Rabies.

I could go on but -

Get in your car & live dangerously in US but don't drive on the wrong side of the road in Oz!?

Just take a trip downunder & enjoy. So much more laid back than the US

or Europe. You can even drink the water - so long as it has not run out.

John

Archived