Kids Bunks Question

ReadyToFloat

Doing a 3 nighter - our first with Celebrity and on the Mercury out of Seattle. We'll be taking two new cruisers with us (ages 4, 5) and wondering about the bunks in the rooms.

We have an inside cabin (yes, tight!) and wondering if the bunks have any 'sides' (permanent or temp) that prevent middle of the night "roll - offs" by kids?

If not, we'll need to order lots of extra pillows for padding. :D

Yes, the upper berths do have a bar that comes up on the side of them to prevent people from yrolling off. They also come with a ladder so the can climb up and down to get out. You can also ask for some extra pillows too. They would be more than happy to bring you some.

Ready,

We've used the bunks on the Millenium and the Century for my (then) 6 and 7 yr old. I didn't think the little bar they provided was enough for my restless sleeper, so once he was up there for the night, we took the ladder and turned it horizontal and put it in the crack between the mattress and frame. It provided extra peace-of-mind. He also delighted in leaping down upon his parents for a snuggle in the morning :)

My son loved his cozy bunks and slept well on both sailings.

Good luck!

Lynne

Archived