I hope this is the right place

RellaKay

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the newest Carnival ship's name. I am sure there is somewhere to find that information but I don't know where. Thanks for your help.

Cindy

I believe it is the Splendor, the one I am going to be on next September.

WOW! Thanks for all the quick answers! When I post on RCI it takes forever for someone to answer me!

Cindy

Cindy - no need to wait forever for an answer.

So did you have a preference between Carnival and RCI? What kind of comparisons can you offer?

Payd:)

Thanks about the name. Actually my real name is Cynthia Kay. When I was growing up my step dad always called me Cinderella and my now husband used to call me Rella when we were kids. So, thats where it came from!

As far as differences. I have to say right now, I love RCI. I am not a real experienced cruiser. I was on Carnivals Sensation the week before Katrina hit. Since this was my first cruise and it was my best friend and her two kids, I absolutely fell in love with the ship and everything that goes with it. It is an older ship obviously and I am sure the newer, bigger ones are way better now. Never the less, it got me hooked! I am deffinately ready to try another Carnival.

My husband and I got married this past May and we went on RCI's Mariner of the Seas. Now that is a SHIP! It was beautiful. We had an aft cabin and were very pleased with it. There was always alot to do! We don't drink and party, but found plenty to always keep us busy!

The food on both ships is great! I hear alot of people say they would prefer one to the other but I think they were equally as good!

To be honest, when I went on Carnival, all my BFF wanted to was drink and her kids were always at the kids club, so maybe that's why I didn't have AS much fun. Still, like I said, I am ready to go again!

This is what I was actually looking for and maybe some of you pros can help. My mom is retiring in June of 2009. She is a teacher and has taught for 38 years and at that time it will be 40 years. My husband and I were wanting to take her on a cruise. She has never been and is real tight with her money so we are having to really press her. We talk about how wonderful it is all the time and that she would definately be impressed! I have even suggested that we maybe make it a family vacation too and invite my Uncle (her brother) and wife and my 3 cousins and there families. Anyway, I was thinking maybe a 5 or 6 day cruise. We don't really want to have it all going to Mexico, she has been there before but somewhere fun. I really want to do the Southern Caribbean but I am not sure if she would like a 7 day cruise. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks for letting me ramble on an on!

Cindy

Archived