Sapphire Beach Review

Sandytoes

I can't help you with the parasailing question, but the answer to your question about the food on Sapphire - Yes, I thought the food was a bit pricey. In 2006 the burgers were around $10, I believe. I could be wrong, so if anyone else knows something else, please jump in! The only food available at that time on the beach was the grill with burgers, hot dogs and chips. However, it did not take away from our wonderful day. We just got the burgers anyway, and enjoyed.:D The price of a nice vacation.....;)

I'll be cruising to St. Thomas on the Gem on Saturday, Jan 17th. It says we're scheduled to arrive at noon which means we probably wont be making it to the beach until 1:30pm/2pm. We're scheduled to leave at 7pm.

My girlfriend and I like secluded peaceful beaches with little congestion. A few people here and there are fine, but we dont like going to a beach where you have to step over people to get to the water. Those pictures look perfect.

Do you think Sapphire is our best bet? Does the fact that it's a Saturday increase the chances of that beach being packed? If there are no peaceful beaches, we'll end up just going on a tour or something. Thanks in advance for your advice.

We've only been there once, but when we were there it was not crowded at all. I believe Sapphire would be the best bet for an uncroded beach as I understand Coki & Megan's are both busier. Our next cruise will be a very busy itinerary with St. Thomas being our last port. We plan on going to Sapphire to 'wind down', so we are also hoping for a nice quiet day.:)

We were there in April before, near the end of the busy cruise season. We will be there this time in May when it should be even quieter. In January I would think you would run into more crowds wherever you go as it is the height of the season. May I suggest you contact Sunny Liston if you have never been to St. Thomas before and take his island tour. He gives you a couple of hours to shop, a fun tour of the island and then will take you to Sapphire Beach where you can spend a couple of hours before he picks you up and returns you to the ship. That way you can get the best of everything and not be stuck on a beach that is too crowded for your taste for a full day.

Archived