What NOT to pack

danya83

[quote name='CLQ']We got one of these starting with our 2nd cruise, and now we wouldn't leave home for a cruise without one. We mostly use it for shoes, but we also end up putting other stuff in it. Don't care to be digging in my suitcase everyday. Believe me, most of the cabins on Majesty (for instance) sound like they would especially make you glad to have one of these. It saved a lot of sanity for us there a few weeks ago for sure.[/quote]
We have found these to be a great space saver. One of those things most people won't need but we use ours all the time!:D

What not to pack: Multiple jewelry ensembles.

Last time, I took 4 necklaces (wore one, plus the one I bought in St. Thomas), 4 bracelets (wore one), 4 pr earrings (wore two), 3 rings (wore none). I think mix & match might be the way to go here. Or maybe DH will buy me some diamonds; I hear they go with everything! :D

[quote name='CLQ']We got one of these starting with our 2nd cruise, and now we wouldn't leave home for a cruise without one. We mostly use it for shoes, but we also end up putting other stuff in it. Don't care to be digging in my suitcase everyday. Believe me, most of the cabins on Majesty (for instance) sound like they would especially make you glad to have one of these. It saved a lot of sanity for us there a few weeks ago for sure.[/quote]

We got one for our second cruise also (found out on the first cruise how much we needed it!). We hang it on the bathroom door and put all sorts of stuff in it. It makes everything really convenient and easy to find. Got one for SIL and BIL too...now they won't travel, land or sea, without it.

I guess we will always have to cruise from a port that we can drive to, because we take so much not-wearble junk....:o

This will be our first cruise with both children, four of us in a room :eek:
I think I learning about the over the door shoe holder will be invaluable for our sanity in the room. We have the ability to "explode" within a two bedroom timeshare villa, I can't imagine how we'll survive in a balcony cabin without "extreme" organization. Being an obsessive list maker, I should get started now for our April cruise.
I just read this thread from start to finish and realize that cruising with four to a room is going to be a challenge. Maybe one son will have to sleep on the balcony!
Thanks to all for the advice. I almost feel like a newbie cruiser since it's been so long!

Archived