What NOT to pack

danya83

Ok, I have most of my list written out and a box started for the "to pack"....which includes, but not limited to Clothes Pins, Clothes line, duct tape, and a few others .... I want to know....

What should be in the DO NOT pack box...I already have the KIDS, DOG, and Kitchen in it....DH was lucky to not be in it! LOL Soooooo....

Some people will disagree but I say leave your towel home. There are towels on the ship (and the hotel if you go a day early). They are large enough to take to the beach. Don't bring one from home. Save the space for souvenirs on the way home.

Ironically, a single clothes pin was the one thing I wished I had last trip :D I book the triple cabin for my girls and Grandma. The head of upper berth is very close to where the curtains close together. It would have been nice if we could have pinned it shut to keep the light from shining on her pillow each morning. The darn thing just would not stay closed!

Ok, I have most of my list written out and a box started for the "to pack"....which includes, but not limited to Clothes Pins, Clothes line, duct tape, and a few others .... I want to know....

What should be in the DO NOT pack box...I already have the KIDS, DOG, and Kitchen in it....DH was lucky to not be in it! LOL Soooooo....

Don't pack the Lawn Mower. I've never needed mine yet! ')"]deal.gif This is the Packing List Police Smiley watching you!!:p

Keep the duct tape, our last cruise, I insisted on the duct tape, well good thing too... because cruise #6 it was needed... My DH picked up our FULL suitecase the last night and the handle riped right off the suite case... It had to be DUCT TAPED and it held all the way home thru 2 lay overs and plane changes... much to my DH dismay we will always bring DUCT TAPE :D

I have heard some say they use the tape for the hairdyer button. My hair is not thick at all so I usually just let it dry on its own. I am a wash and wear type of person. :D and I hate makeup and will only wear it when we are dressing formal. :) I know some that put it on before thier husbands wake up! They get up hours before the spouse so they have plenty of time. :eek:

I have heard some say they use the tape for the hairdyer button. My hair is not thick at all so I usually just let it dry on its own. I am a wash and wear type of person. :D and I hate makeup and will only wear it when we are dressing formal. :) I know some that put it on before thier husbands wake up! They get up hours before the spouse so they have plenty of time. :eek:

that is crazy!!!! I barely wake with my husband...he goes to work at 4 am!!!

Keep the duct tape, our last cruise, I insisted on the duct tape, well good thing too... because cruise #6 it was needed... My DH picked up our FULL suitecase the last night and the handle riped right off the suite case... It had to be DUCT TAPED and it held all the way home thru 2 lay overs and plane changes... much to my DH dismay we will always bring DUCT TAPE :D

Good to know..now I will insist on bringing it...our suit cases dont have too much more travel in them if you know what I mean!

I have very thick hair, and I never try to dry it in the Caribbean - there's no point!

And I also take the bare minimum makeup - again, no point!

Also, I would leave the over-the-door organizer at home. I put everything in large ziploc bags, organized by use (sunscreen/bugspray in 1, daily washing up stuff in another, etc.). This works really well - you only take out the bag that you need.

Some people will disagree but I say leave your towel home. There are towels on the ship (and the hotel if you go a day early). They are large enough to take to the beach. Don't bring one from home. Save the space for souvenirs on the way home.

Yes I don't take towels with me EITHER way......!!!!!!

Ironically, a single clothes pin was the one thing I wished I had last trip :D I book the triple cabin for my girls and Grandma. The head of upper berth is very close to where the curtains close together. It would have been nice if we could have pinned it shut to keep the light from shining on her pillow each morning. The darn thing just would not stay closed!

Yes....and i also like to use them to hang up the stubborn dresses OR my wet bathing suit...it dries faster like that!

I would say the clothes pin, clothes line and duct tape.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Need them for the swimsuit (the pins) I will leave the line at home...duct tape will be used for suitcase emergencies!

Ok, so I guess I should take that out of the suitcase????

HE-HE :D. You did ask "What not to pack". Most of the folks are really giving good advice as to what to pack though.

We do take the duct tape, a bungee cord and a dollar store shoe holder that fits on the bathroom door. It holds all of the " little things that need places". Plus we don't forget to pack at the end of the cruise because if we think we forgot something, it is probably in the door hanging shoe thingy!

HE-HE :D. You did ask "What not to pack". Most of the folks are really giving good advice as to what to pack though.

We do take the duct tape, a bungee cord and a dollar store shoe holder that fits on the bathroom door. It holds all of the " little things that need places". Plus we don't forget to pack at the end of the cruise because if we think we forgot something, it is probably in the door hanging shoe thingy!

I guess that's why I prefer my method - there's nothing to pack at the end, or to forget. Everything goes back into its bag each time it's used, so there's no chance to leave it behind.

And I have never used duct tape in my life. I've never had a need to - guess I've just been lucky and not had obscure things break.

But if you feel the need to take duct tape, I do know that you can get 'travel' pouches of it - at Lowe's. It's stored in a flat pack, and 4-6 in. sections of it pop up like post-it notes. Much less space than a whole roll.

For those of you who swear by it, here is a fun video extolling its virtues:

Well, slap my a$$ and call me Susan -

DH informs me that the last time he used to duct tape was to:

(dunh, dunh, DUNH!!!)

fix the duct work in our house when we moved in 7 years ago. Get outta town!!! Using something for its intended use?!!?!?? That's just nonsense.

I stand corrected. I have benefitted from duct tape use.

Well, slap my a$$ and call me Susan -

DH informs me that the last time he used to duct tape was to:

(dunh, dunh, DUNH!!!)

fix the duct work in our house when we moved in 7 years ago. Get outta town!!! Using something for its intended use?!!?!?? That's just nonsense.

I stand corrected. I have benefitted from duct tape use.

So you came around to the duct tape! Most people do at one time or another. I thought this was dumb too until we needed it. I also put an extra luggage tag inside the top of our suicases in case the outer ones get broken off.

As far as security for doing that, if the bad guys got your luggage they have the info anyway. If the good guys see it inside it gives you that much more probability that you will get your stuff back!

Archived