Miracle - Review 8/14

Dee88

Over all the cruise was great but having this ship being identical to the Legend, there was really no surprises for me. :(

Embarkment was a breeze...was one the first people on the ship. Went to our cabin, dropped off our luggage and headed for the Lido Deck. We were on so fast that there were 10 people on the Lido deck with us.

Last year on the Legend we had an extended balcony. This year we upgraded to a CAT 11. What a difference!!! We had a double balcony, changing room and a whirlpool tub. It was plenty of room for my family (husband, myself and 2 kids).

We were alittle concerned about the location (AFT) but it turned out to be wonderful. I think the next time we go, we are leaving the kids home and aiming for that wrap around balcony. We had the cabin right next to it and it looked amazing.

I wasn't too thrilled with the ports of call. Or maybe it wasn't the ports but the time they spend in each one.

Port Carnaval (sp?) was OK...I took a bus to Coco Beach and met my brother and his family there. That worked out great since I haven't seen him in a year and a half.

Nassau - I booked the Dolphin Encounter on my own a month before we went.

We arrived in Nassau at 11:30, got off the ship and went to the ferry terminal for the Encounter. By the time the Encounter was over and we went back to the ship, the shops in town were closing. Some stayed open but not the good ones. This was at 4:45pm. If you weren't going to Senor Frogs, there was nothing to do after the shops closed. So we went back to ship.

Freeport - What a dive!! We pulled up into an industrial area. Took a taxi to Port Lucaya. My husband and son went swimming at the beach and my daughter and I went shopping. We were told that the shops would be open early. Well, we got there at 8 - 8:30AM and there was nothing open!! We wandered around until something opened up. By 10:30AM we had it - my husband found us and said the seaweed was so bad at the beach that they couldn't stay anymore. So we got a taxi and back to the ship we went.

The entertainment on the ship was good. Wasn't really blown away by the productions but the comedy shows were really good. I even volunteered to be hypnotized in the late night show. It was fun making a fool of myself. :D

Funny thing, on the first day on the ship we were walking around and thought we would go into the Piano Bar. We had a such a good time when we were on the Legend we wanted to see how this Piano player was. Well, you could have knocked us over with a feather when we walked in and saw Dwayne, the Piano player that was on the Legend. It was his first night on the Miracle and was trying to get the sound system to work. It was nice seeing him again. Another familiar face was Paul, the Guitar player in the Atrium. He too was on the Legend.

In regards to the dining. I can see why people who don't want to get dressed up have a problem eating on the Lido deck. The food choices are horrible!! We only ate in dining room 3 times last week. Not because we didn't want to but we got back to the ship too late when we were in port and my husband only wanted to do one formal night. They served hamburgers and hot dogs every time we were there. The main courses left alot to be desired. I'm not a picky eater but I just didn't like the choices. I'm sure there are people who loved it. All I can say is - Good thing there was a salad bar and pizza!! But I really like salad so it wasn't too much of a problem for me.

On Friday at around 7:30PM we were treated by a fighter jet that flew over the ship and then came around, tilted his wings back and forth, hit the after burn and flew straight up and did a spin and then off he went. It was awasome seeing a jet out in the middle of ocean putting on a private show. I heard some people on the AFT deck freaked out alittle thinking we were under some kind of terrorist attack because of the sonic boom the jet made. My daughter took a picture of the jet when it went by, hope it comes out OK. :p

Getting off the ship was another breeze. We went down to Deck 2 after they called Self Assist and was on our way home by 10AM and walked in the door at 11AM. Last year when had a limo, we were still waiting at the dock at 11:30AM because the limo driver couldn't get through the traffic. If you live in the area, drive yourself. What a difference!!

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer. I know this review wasn't too positive - but I did have fun, honest!!! :D

Welcome back Diane!!! You just didn't have as good of a time because I wasn't with you!! :D So because the ship was the same layout of the Legend - you did not enjoy yourself as much? If you sailed on a totally different ship it would have been better? How was the dolphin encounter? I am jealous!!! Hmmm - do you think you will cruise again? I am looking into doing an official cc group cruise on NCL's Dawn sailing out of NY next year - I will keep you updated if you would like! By the way - do you remember Linda (Sinkers22) and her friend Lauren?? They are both sailing on the Dawn - only different times - have seen them on the NCL board last week - it was nice to say hi to them!!! And uneamie too - she is sailing on the Dawn also - she sent you the Legend log right?? I never did sign that darned thing! I wonder if it is still on the Legend? I will have to check it out when we go in October!!!! Welcome back!!!

Terri

P. S. - are you still rocking? How was the movement? Like the legend....

Thanks so much for the review. As you can see, we are counting off the days until we sail on her. It will be interesting to sail on a new ship. This is the first new one for us. Our ports of call will be entirely different than yours. We are sailing from Tampa and doint the Western Caribbean.

Thanks for the review! We are scheduled to cruise the MIRACLE in December and also have the cabin right next to the "wrap-around" cabin. I read in another post that the room was not that large and that there was a staircase next to the balcony, in effect making the balcony smaller than other Cat. 11's. Can you tell me if that is true? :confused:

Thanks for the review! We are scheduled to cruise the MIRACLE in December and also have the cabin right next to the "wrap-around" cabin. I read in another post that the room was not that large and that there was a staircase next to the balcony, in effect making the balcony smaller than other Cat. 11's. Can you tell me if that is true? :confused:

I really can't say if the room is smaller then other CAT 11's since it was the first one for me. I thought it would be alittle bigger but it was fine the way it was.

The staircase is down the hall..no where near the room. If fact, it was nice to have them so close. You walked up the stairs and to your right was the salad bar and to your left pizza!! If you walked into the little hall directly to the right or left of the stairs you were in the AFT deck. What cabin nbr do you have? Mine was 8271...after I wrote all this it just hit me..maybe your on a different deck!! :eek:

Welcome back Diane!!! You just didn't have as good of a time because I wasn't with you!! :D So because the ship was the same layout of the Legend - you did not enjoy yourself as much? If you sailed on a totally different ship it would have been better? How was the dolphin encounter? I am jealous!!! Hmmm - do you think you will cruise again? I am looking into doing an official cc group cruise on NCL's Dawn sailing out of NY next year - I will keep you updated if you would like! By the way - do you remember Linda (Sinkers22) and her friend Lauren?? They are both sailing on the Dawn - only different times - have seen them on the NCL board last week - it was nice to say hi to them!!! And uneamie too - she is sailing on the Dawn also - she sent you the Legend log right?? I never did sign that darned thing! I wonder if it is still on the Legend? I will have to check it out when we go in October!!!! Welcome back!!!

Terri

P. S. - are you still rocking? How was the movement? Like the legend....

LOL - slow down and take a breath girl!!! :D

I'm not really sure what the problem was...I enjoyed the cruise and I will definately cruise again but the WOW factor wasn't there this time. Jim had said the same thing. The shows were the same, the hypnotist was the same...there was really nothing unique about it. However, for people that have never sailed .. it was amazing for them.

Next year we are doing the Canada run with some friends, and we will be on Carnival. Maybe the northern run will have different stuff and it's a different class ship. I beleive the Victory is being replaced with the Triumph.

The dolphin encounter was amazing!! It was very cool to be in the water with them. If you ever go down the islands again, you have to try it!!

Ya know, I remember Linda saying that she was sailing on the Dawn when we saw her on the Legend. I totally forgot until you mentioned it. I think we might do that ship sometime in the future. Something different.

Funny about that log book, I never signed it either but I did sign the one on the Miracle. And yes, she was the one that sent it to me so I can put it on the ship.

The ships movement wasn't bad at all. Even after we hit 35mph winds from Charley going down. However, it's been 3 days and I still feel like I'm moving sometimes which is something I didn't have with the Legend. Funny huh, we were rocking and rolling with the Legend and I didn't feel anything after I got off.

Catch ya later!!!!

Diane

the WOW factor wasn't there this time.

I thought it was me.

You're right. I was looking for something to say wow about, and it wasn't there for me when I sailed in July. On top of that, the previous cruise director had just left, Ken Byrne was on vacation, and the ship itself was overrated. I was expecting a little more out of the decor, so I still find the Legend the most tasteful. I will return to her next year in a wraparound.

As someone stated a couple of months ago, put me in one of those urns when I go.

NY will be saying goodbye to the Miracle this week. I wonder if she'll ever return.

Hi Diane - Ok - I will take a breath now!!!! Ok - got it! I am happy to hear that you will continue on with cruising!!! Maybe we can sail together again one day! I wonder if the log is still on the Legend? I am curious to see if Debbie (Snowball) who is my roomie for the CTN will feel the same way about the Legend as you felt about the Miracle - she sailed the Miracle in June...

I'll see ya around! Don't be a stranger!!!!!!!

I could be a stowaway in one of those urns... ;)

Archived