Jean skirt allowed at NON-FORMAL dinners?

At normal dinners (i.e. non-formal) can--and of course I mean SHOULD since I care about fashion & not committing a social faux pas for the sake if it being "my vacation"--I wear a jean mini skirt with heels, a black top, and accessories? It's not skanky, but the legs does add a touch of sexy.

I'm 21 by the way. Not that that makes the dress code more relaxed but it does allow me to "get away" with certain things. A 90 year-old in a short jean skirt ever...eh not so much, 20 something...sure.

Thanks in advanced.

Go for it! You are young. Do it while you can and look great in it. On that show "What Not To Wear" they always show a sign that says no mini skirts after 40. Yikes, that leaves me out! But I dont look 40 so maybe I could get by with it. If I was 21, I would definitely wear one! Happy cruising!

Go for it! You are young. Do it while you can and look great in it. On that show "What Not To Wear" they always show a sign that says no mini skirts after 40. Yikes, that leaves me out! But I dont look 40 so maybe I could get by with it. If I was 21, I would definitely wear one! Happy cruising!

That's the key! If you don't look 40, go for it! :) Although there is going to be a time when none of us will look 40, (because people seem to age better and better as time goes by) so that number may change to 50?? :eek:

Well, I'm not 90 but I am in my mid 60's.(I don't look my age either) Can I still wear my nice jean skirt if its below my knee-not granny length-but below the knee?

Definitely. Your skirts don't have to be ankle length and I'm sure that since you even asked the question you already KNOW it looks good on you...especially if you have great gams to show off:)

Definitely. Your skirts don't have to be ankle length and I'm sure that since you even asked the question you already KNOW it looks good on you...especially if you have great gams to show off:)

Well, don't know about great gams but guess they're great as they get for my age. Yes the skirt does look very nice-even hip and modern-would hate to have to give it up since I get compliments every time I wear it. Happy sailing.....We'll be in Hawaii two months from today...

• 1 month later...
At normal dinners (i.e. non-formal) can--and of course I mean SHOULD since I care about fashion & not committing a social faux pas for the sake if it being "my vacation"--I wear a jean mini skirt with heels, a black top, and accessories? It's not skanky, but the legs does add a touch of sexy.

I'm 21 by the way. Not that that makes the dress code more relaxed but it does allow me to "get away" with certain things. A 90 year-old in a short jean skirt ever...eh not so much, 20 something...sure.

Thanks in advanced.

I think it would be okay on a family line like RCI, Carnival, NCL or Disney, MAYBE okay on Princess-but you would feel out of place on Celebrity or HAL.

Archived