Bluejeans

Piton1

How do you all feel about wearing bluejeans onboard? I haven't noticed any posts discussing this topic on this board. I know that it is a touchy subject on the Cunard board, so much so that now a poll is being conducted.;)

Enjoy the weekend.

Paul

How do you all feel about wearing bluejeans onboard? I haven't noticed any posts discussing this topic on this board. I know that it is a touchy subject on the Cunard board, so much so that now a poll is being conducted.;)

Enjoy the weekend.

Paul

Hi Paul, How are things in New York !Isn't the internet amazing, being able to talk to people overseas is great! :) I always take my best jeans (not ripped, worn out or grotty looking) and wear them alot at night, though not to formal nights. I love my jeans, they are comfy and I feel good in them. No one has ever said anything bad to me about wearing them on the cruises and I wouldn't care if they did.I think as long as people are clean and tidy what difference does it make? You pay enough to go on a cruise so you should be able to wear what you like.Why is it a touchy subject on the Cunard board? Best wishes from Pink Poodle:)

Jeans are definatley NOT in the safari suit category on P&O ships!

I usually wear mine when I board to save space in my suitcase. I probably wear them every other night to dinner. Don't wear them during the day though as it's too warm for them at the islands our ships visit.

I also take along a bandanna and my favourite old blue & white checked shirt to wear with my jeans on country & western night ;)

I'd be lost without my jeans :)

I wore my jeans heaps on our cruise a couple of weeks ago on the Sun. The three days out of Sydney were quite cold, so jeans and long pants were necessary for me!

My husband and I also wore them each night to dinner, as did all of our table and most other people (although there were heaps who dressed to the nines). We just put nice tops with the jeans and instead of sneakers I wore black sandals with a bit of heel. Of course we went all out for the 2 formal nights, definately no jeans in the dining room then!

Hi Paul, How are things in New York !Isn't the internet amazing, being able to talk to people overseas is great! :) I always take my best jeans (not ripped, worn out or grotty looking) and wear them alot at night, though not to formal nights. I love my jeans, they are comfy and I feel good in them. No one has ever said anything bad to me about wearing them on the cruises and I wouldn't care if they did.I think as long as people are clean and tidy what difference does it make? You pay enough to go on a cruise so you should be able to wear what you like.Why is it a touchy subject on the Cunard board? Best wishes from Pink Poodle:)

Pink,

I wear jeans practically everyday at work because they serve their purpose as designed. I may be in the office in the morning and then out in the woods in the afternoon. Jeans hold up for a lot of use and abuse as to say. At the end of a day jeans are just another pair of pants. I believe that jeans are probably the most comfortable pants a person could put on.

As far as vacationing on a oceanliner ( cruise ship ) I believe in following their dress code.The experience and expectation is part in parcel for what you signed on for. So in the case of Cunard you are signing on for the

pomp and circumstance of dressing up.

Paul

Jean's aren't a problem on our ships.... I wear jeans to dinner most nights, apart from the formal nights or Island night when I wear cargo pants light beach pants or similar. One cruise I even wore 3/4 lenght trousers to dinner on Island night.

Pink,

I wear jeans practically everyday at work because they serve their purpose as designed. I may be in the office in the morning and then out in the woods in the afternoon. Jeans hold up for a lot of use and abuse as to say. At the end of a day jeans are just another pair of pants. I believe that jeans are probably the most comfortable pants a person could put on.

As far as vacationing on a oceanliner ( cruise ship ) I believe in following their dress code.The experience and expectation is part in parcel for what you signed on for. So in the case of Cunard you are signing on for the

pomp and circumstance of dressing up.

Paul

Paul, I hope you haven't misunderstood me. I wouldn't wear jeans to dinner onthe QE 2 for example but the cruises here aren't that formal and I like to be comfortable. Hope this makes sense - I am at an internet cafe at the moment battling with a dodgy computer, have a happy day, PinkPoodle.

Paul, I hope you haven't misunderstood me. I wouldn't wear jeans to dinner onthe QE 2 for example but the cruises here aren't that formal and I like to be comfortable. Hope this makes sense - I am at an internet cafe at the moment battling with a dodgy computer, have a happy day, PinkPoodle.

Hi Pink Poodle

No misunderstanding, all is good.:)

At present we are currently in northern Vermont on vacation. We had a tornado warning yesterday which is quite rare when you're in the mountains. :eek: The sky was pretty wild along with the horizontal rain/hail.

The lightening show was also fabulous.:D

Paul

Hi Pink Poodle

No misunderstanding, all is good.:)

At present we are currently in northern Vermont on vacation. We had a tornado warning yesterday which is quite rare when you're in the mountains. :eek: The sky was pretty wild along with the horizontal rain/hail.

The lightening show was also fabulous.:D

Paul

Hi Paul, that weather sounds scarey! :eek: Stay safe ! Pink Poodle.

OMG ! Having been around the friendly boys and girls here I have ventured across to a few other boards just to see what's tweeking the interests of fellow like minded cruise-a-holics (well I hope I will be after September 1st....)but...wow, a simple 'jeans question' has erupted into another megga thread like the AWS !! :eek: And I didn't believe it but someone actually raised a new thread about tipping on the QE2...MADNESS !:confused:

OMG ! Having been around the friendly boys and girls here I have ventured across to a few other boards just to see what's tweeking the interests of fellow like minded cruise-a-holics (well I hope I will be after September 1st....)but...wow, a simple 'jeans question' has erupted into another megga thread like the AWS !! :eek: And I didn't believe it but someone actually raised a new thread about tipping on the QE2...MADNESS !:confused:

Twelve days and your off!! :) Have a great time and do try to get a little sleep!:D

Paul

Twelve days and your off!! :) Have a great time and do try to get a little sleep!:D

Paul

BUSTED :cool: yes, I'm afraid when all the Aussies and NZers go to bed I find myself lured to the Cunard and Princess Boards when all they're little green lights come on woohoo !

nighty night. Time for a nanna nap ;)

Vanessa

...wow, a simple 'jeans question' has erupted into another megga thread like the AWS !! :eek:

OMG are you serious!! :eek: I can't believe how out of hand such simple threads can get outside of P&O Aust.!! Good thing us Aussies (and Kiwis and honourary Aussies) are so laid back! :D

Too many people, not Aussies and Kiwis of course:cool: , take themselves far too seriously. If I ever went on a Cunard ship, as a fair dinkum aussie, I would feel honour bound to wear jeans, just to get up the noses of the pompous who indulge themselves with an inflated sense of their own importance:eek: . Maybe I'll just stick to mates and cobbers sailing on P&O:D .

Does anyone know why they still call it sailing when there isn't a sail in site???

. Maybe I'll just stick to mates and cobbers sailing on P&O:D .

Thats what I have always done:D

My hubby wears his jeans to dinner every night except formal night...of course;), he just wears a collared polo shirt, if he could get away with his boardies, tshirt and Havana thongs he would wear them:D

Chez

xx

Thank goodness! I was expecting this to degenerate into a name-calling uprising like on the Princess Board. You all sound very reasonable to me.

Can I call myself an honorary-Aussie?

One good reason for that is that they are more interested with what is in the clothes as opposed to the clothes themselves. :D

Cheers,

Peter

Archived