Grand Princess or Celebrity Millinium ??

pd52

Can anyone help us out....we are regular cruisers, and mostly on Celebrity lines. We have never been on Princess, and are thinking of trying the Grand Princess this Jan. Since we can get a balcony rate for a little LESS than an outside on the Millinium we are considering trying "the other side"!!! If anyone can help with comparisons or experiences on both lines, it would be appreciated.

thanks

PS. Are the memus the same at the anytime rest. as the regular seating ? Additional charge ? What's the difference from assigned rest seating ?

thanks again

well the best thing i can think of off the top of my head,is get a caribe deck balcony, they are best buy for your money, the balcony is nice, very nice size,the rest you have to research for it,have a great cruise:)));) :p

On the Millie 2x and just off the Grand in April and sailed on her sister ship transatlantic.

My humble opinion is if you have the choice and all things are pretty equal I'd do Celebrity. For some reason I always have a better time on Celebrity.

Let us know what you chose.

We have sailed both Celebrity and Princess. Celebrity tends to be slightly more refined in the evenings. On Princess you can have your choice of anytime dining or first or second sitting. The menu is the same. Specialty restaurants on Princess are $15 and $20. per person.

We love the Caribe deck balcony on Princess - twice the size of the other balcony and half covered.

For us it's which line has the itiniary that we like. Both are delightful.

Happy cruising!:o

This is tough. IMO - The Grand Princess is my least favorite ship on Princess's fleet. For some reason, it seems dark to me. There is something about the ship that I just don't like.

Though, overall I prefer Princess to Celebrity.

The menu is anytime is the same as in traditional dining.

One Celebrity cruise (Constellation) and 5 Princess cruises including the Grand. Princess seems to be cheaper as they still allow TAs to discount. Princess has some wonderful unique itineraries. When we sailed on the Connie we missed personal choice dining and the laundry rooms. We thought the food was slightly better on the Connie, particularly the buffet. The Belgian waffles in the buffet area were outstanding. The perks for frequent cruisers are better after 5 cruises on Princess. I don't think you can go wrong with either line and I would sail either again in a heartbeat. We actually have 3 additional Princess cruises booked right now.

Archived