Scariest Moment aboard a Cruise

trock

Years ago my DW was a mainstage performer on DCL Wonder. Seas were really rough one night, ship was really rocky, and she was on stage performing, while dancing on a platform (in full stage dress & heels). I'm really nervous that at any minute she's gonna fall off!

Everyone on stage was trying their best not to fall. She and her group exit stage after their part, but she does not return when it's time for her to come back on! :eek:

At this point Im thinking the worst, did she fall backstage, did she break something? My fears were calmed when I finally saw her return back on stage several minutes later.

After the show she told me that one of the girls in her group got really sick backstage and was driving the porcelain bus so she had to sit out that part of the performance and jump back in when it was time for the next number. whew!

I think that was the worst weather i'd experienced on any ship! There were many guests also driving that bus all over the ships hallways!

I actually have 3 events to post, I probably should have been more frightened than I was but Carnival handled these first two so well, that there was really no need to be scared.

On a family cruise on the Fantasy with all the kids and grandkids and DH, some of us were on the front row and some on the second row (including me and DIL). About 5 minutes into the show, she and I looked up and saw a big light on fire at the top of the stage. It was positioned behind the first curtain and not very visible to others in the theatre. Immediately, the show was shut down and we were all ushered out of the theatre "due to technical difficulties." The fire doors were closed and after a while we were able to go back in and see the entire show.

On the Holiday, one of it's last sailings out of Mobile we were in a terrible thunder storm. Suddenly a huge wind hit the ship and turned it olmost on it's side. We were in the piano bar outside the dining room. Everything on the shelves hit the floor, people on bar stools fell off and we were told that the waiters in the dining room lost their trays. A lot of people ran to get their life jackets and did panic. But it was over very quickly and the captian was remarkable in letting everyone know verbally and in a follow up letter exactly what had happened and offered his apologies.

The last (and the scariest) was when I was relaxing on the Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman. A gentleman who was in the lounge chair in front of me stood up to remove his bermuda shorts in order to lay out in his swimsuit. He bent over, butt facing me and accidentally pulled down his shorts and swimsuit giving me a surprising full moon. I put my book over my face so quick that I could have broken my nose. Now THAT was scary.

Archived