Cornhole Competition -- warning, photo attached!

Thirsty Cruiser

when I lived in Ohio a few years ago it was is very popular. It still is today. As soon as we moved to the south, friends made us a set. We set it up in our yard. Our neighbors saw it and bought a set too. They are great to have around when you have a party.

Serouisly when we saw "cornhole game" on the at a glance capers all the time & tried to go see what the heck it was. But everytime we would remember we were too late or there was nothing there. We even asked our table mates & they were just as puzzled. So we figured there was no such thing & it was a practical joke. We thought who would name a game after what we call a rear end hole, anyway. Now the name makes sense now, thank you all for clearing that up.

That's a football tailgating game around here...and I think ppl just call it a bean bag game or something like.

I grew up in Iowa and we certainly didn't call a beanbag game a game of Cornhole. :eek: You midwesterners know what cornholing is I'm sure...but it's most certainly not a game! :eek: :o

Maybe someone already made this joke, but this seems like something that should be on ESPN8: THE OCHO.

Cornhole is obsessively played by drunk frat guys and ditzy sorority girls here. I'll pass.

I resent that -- I am most certainly not in a frat!:cool:

HEY, REPETE - off topic but, I had to say it - LOVE THAT BEER!!!

I don't like the regular Sam Adams Lager, but love this one!!

Agreed. Sam Adams Boston Lager and Ale are "played out" IMO, although I thought they were great when I first tasted them about 15 years ago. I much prefer their brewmaster's collection or seasonal offerings now.

(Since I change my beer of the day almost daily :p , some may not know what we are talking about. We are referring to Sam Adams' Black Lager.)

The saga continues in the Gary Bittaweiner corn holing championship debate. Gary's personal trainer, Peter Tucker, an expert in corn holing technique has gone on record to state that while yes, drug abuse is rampant in the inner circles of corn holing he maintains Gary's innocence in this case. "We regret that this controversy has put a stain on Gary's record and current championship status. We believe that ITCH has barely scratched the surface of uncovering the facts as to the validity of the testing that took place" Tucker stated.

A spokesperson for Hoover Vacuum Company refused to confirm nor deny the allegations of a "suction accident" in the Bittaweiner case. "We feel the facts may very well have been inflated in this instance."

Officials of ITCH and the oversight committee have reprimanded Ima Pootie, the President of BITCH (Bostonian International Tournament of Corn Holers) saying that her personal affiliation with the Bittaweiner bunch has caused a conflict of interest within the organization.

When asked her opinion on the corn holing predicament, Gary's mother, Ida Bittaweiner stated, "I can't put my finger exactly on it, but there's something very fishy about this whole story."

:cool:

The controversy over the drug use allegations concerning the International Tournament of Corn Holers champion Gary Bittaweiner has been overshadowed by a suit filed by the International Tournament of Corn Holers Youth against the Kids of the National Organization of Bean Baggers. The suit alleges that the logo used by the KNOBB organization is in fact the same logo used by the ITCHY organization with the exception that the corn bag used in one logo has been replaced by a bean bag in the challenged logo.

“We can not allow this logo to be adulterated by other organizations seeking to financially benefit from the high respect that this revered symbol has garnered from the public.” Stated ITCHY chairperson Bonnie Bottums. The suit alleges copyright infringement and seeks unspecified damages.

KNOBB chairman Hugh Betchah responded that the KNOBB logo is actually older than the ITCHY logo. He has requested that the ITCHY suit be thrown out. “This whole ITCHY/KNOBB thing will never stand up in court” stated Hugh.

For those that have contacted me about my last news release post.

I did some research and the Bonnie Bottums of ITCHY is indeed the daughter of the Legendary Red Bottums, the first person to be inducted into the Corn Holer Hall of Fame. I believe that his other daughter, Bettie Bottums, is also part of this organization. In fact it seems that the whole family is heavily involved and there are a lot of ITCHY Bottums.

;)

For those that have contacted me about my last news release post.

I did some research and the Bonnie Bottums of ITCHY is indeed the daughter of the Legendary Red Bottums, the first person to be inducted into the Corn Holer Hall of Fame. I believe that his other daughter, Bettie Bottums, is also part of this organization. In fact it seems that the whole family is heavily involved and there are a lot of ITCHY Bottums.

;)

OMG!! Family Cornholing! :eek:

Archived